How is the reception with the Droid Maxx?

ElectroM

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone got any feedback on the reception with the new Droid Maxx? I am eligible for and upgrade and can finally get a replacement for my Galaxy Nexus. I will really appreciate any comments. Thanks.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Its great. Motorola always has great antennas so I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
It is the same as what was on my original RAZR maxx and my RAZR maxx HD. I have no complaints about the phone yet sans the menu buttons staying lit during video play.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I had my original RAZR and Maxx active together for two days. Everywhere I tested them side by side, the Maxx got better reception than the RAZR. My RAZR had no issues the entire time I had it.

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
i only saw it drop to 3g once, but 4g is rarely 4 bars. usually 2 to 3. The main difference between this and my gnex is that it won't drop to 3g even if there's only 1 bar of 4g. but i guess i expected 4 bars in any kind of city area.

israelkendall

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The reception on the Droid Maxx is great. I upgraded from a GNex and can say that I can get reception now in places I never did with the old GNex. The main place I noticed this is on the bottom floor of the hospital I go to, have two bars of 4G there with my Maxx whereas the GNex had no signal at all, not even voice.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 2

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The reception on the Droid Maxx is great. I upgraded from a GNex and can say that I can get reception now in places I never did with the old GNex. The main place I noticed this is on the bottom floor of the hospital I go to, have two bars of 4G there with my Maxx whereas the GNex had no signal at all, not even voice.

A twinge of jealousy ran through me as I read this post. My 'pre-order' won't ship until the 27th. So frustrated with my GN right now. I am still having signal issues and hand off issues. Half the time I have to turn off wifi so it will connect to 3g/4g data.

I cannot wait for the Maxx to arrive.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

This! I work in a hospital (in the basement) and I get solid 4g or 3g. I used to occasionally get 3g, mostly 1x with my S3.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234