I swear my phone seems to drain so much quicker when I have the Command Center widget activated. The weather is the main culprit I believe. Or am I imaging things? I deleted it and battery was far better.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    08-26-2013 02:01 PM
    It would make sense, if the widget is refreshing on the web frequently. Does the Command Center do anything else that you can't already do with UCCW or One More Clock? Maybe you could just go for one of those widgets, since you should be able to get the same Rings design there.
    08-26-2013 02:33 PM
    It would make sense, if the widget is refreshing on the web frequently. Does the Command Center do anything else that you can't already do with UCCW or One More Clock? Maybe you could just go for one of those widgets, since you should be able to get the same Rings design there.
    I just removed it since I felt the weather updated to much. I don't really need a widget though. I had it there just for the hell of it to be honest.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    08-26-2013 02:34 PM
    I've had it on since I bought the phone. I get amazing battery life. I guess it would make sense that you would have even better battery life if you took it off. But honestly, this is the first phone I don't worry about plugging in or using too much for fear of low battery. I charge it over night and don't worry about it for the rest of the day which is usually from 8am to midnight.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
    08-26-2013 02:42 PM
    I am going to remove it.. for the following reasons:

#1) It is constantly displaying new information that it needs to gather/refresh (Time, Weather + picture, and Battery Life).
    #2) Other battery indicators and weather widgets are known to use up battery
    #3) It was not stock. Motorola didn't put it there on first boot. This makes me believe that its "nice" but comprimises on their "48 hour" promise.

I will try 1 day without it and see my results on battery lfie. It may only affect it 5% or so.. will have to determine if that matters to me.
    08-26-2013 02:46 PM