A solid business day of use - another MAXX battery thread

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
It was REALLY hard not to break my old habit of charging whenever I was near an outlet. Here's a typical business day for me, including air travel. Slept on the flight out, and used the in-flight Wi-Fi on the flight back. Auto-Brightness enabled, phone on vibrate, with calls and push email all day. Ended up back home with 33% remaining, after 4 hrs of screen time and 13 hours of use. I'll never get close to 48 hrs, but the fact that I can get an average of 20 hrs a day is pretty impressive.

6114.png 6134.jpg

artdeguzman

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how one approaches 48 hrs. I carried an extra spare for my Galaxy Note 2 and that would get me through most of the day.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't go by what a manufacture says the battery time will be but what size the battery is. Battery life depends on so many factors its hard to get a true usage time.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I don't go by what a manufacture says the battery time will be but what size the battery is. Battery life depends on so many factors its hard to get a true usage time.

I consider myself a moderate user and I am now approaching 48 hours on one charge. My up time is now at 1d 22h 51m on battery and have 14% remaining, My on screen time is 3h 59m, but active notifications helps me cut down on my screen time.

I would imagine that during a crazy heavy day I won't kill a battery before I get home from work. This battery definitely has stamina!!

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Like I said its the size of the battery and personal usage that determines the battery life. Also with none removable batteries in these devices I am sure they are quality batteries, Motorola doesn't want to be replacing batteries under warranty.

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday was the hardest day on my Maxx. 17:17 from unplugging the charger to plugging it back in. Kept the screen at full brightness all day with almost 5 hours of screen time. There was only 1 hour where I did not turn on the screen for something. I did everything I'd typically do with the phone, calls, text, IM, games navigation, etc. At the end of the day I was at 14% when I plugged it in. I used the GPS to navigate for about 30 minutes. I don't have my dock yet, so it was in a cup holder on battery. I could have plugged it in while navigating, but I was abusing it to see what it would do all day.

I will be charging it during my commutes, and I have decided to get a Qi charger for my desk at work and my desk at home. I doubt I'll ever see it drop below 50% on a normal day. Since I'll charge it on the way to work by default of the car dock, I may not plug it in at night. The heat issues some are seeing with Qi are not a concern to me anymore. I'll replace the phone when it is time. I have a second line with a dumb phone for early upgrades and for keeping my unlimited line (until they kill it).

This is exactly what I wanted. Charging will not even be a thought. I always place my phone on my desk, so the Qi charger is just a place designated for it. I always put it in a car dock when I drive. So, that's no different. If a few hours at night don't drain it much, placing it on my night stand and not plugging it in won't matter. If it does, I'll move the Qi charger from my home office to my bedroom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad