Get $70-90 off your purchase even if you've already bought the phone.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up. You've probably already heard you can use the trade-up program to get a $100 vzw gift card. You can pick up a beater phone from ebay for $10-$20. I recommend searching for Motorola Admiral (motorola admiral in Cell Phones & Smartphones | eBay).

They can give you this credit even if you've already bought the phone. I purchased my Maxx from Verizon on Friday, bought an admiral off ebay and took it in for my $100 vzw gift card today.

I make no guarantees this works. It worked for me, but It was a bit of a gamble. I figured worst case I was out $20. If you can't afford to be stuck with the beater you buy off of ebay, I wouldn't do it. If you are willing to risk a few bucks, it could pay off.

If you can't afford to be stuck with the beater you buy off of ebay, I wouldn't try this. I'm Not responsible if you get stuck with a phone off ebay, but this worked for me and saved me $80 on my MAXX

Last edited:

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Heard something about Verizon only accepting two of the models listed, d3 and x2 I believe.

Posted via Android Central App

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up. You've probably already heard you can use the trade-up program to get a $100 vzw gift card. You can pick up a beater phone from ebay for $10-$20. I recommend searching for Motorola Admiral (motorola admiral in Cell Phones & Smartphones | eBay).

They can give you this credit even if you've already bought the phone. I purchased my Maxx from Verizon on Friday, bought an admiral off ebay and took it in for my $100 vzw gift card today.

Great idea! Purchasing my beater phone now.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Motorola - A Google Company tells you what phones qualify and what phones don't. My stupid store tried to tell me that only the d3 and x2 qualified. That's why I didn't get the gift car Friday when I originally bought the MAXX. I called customer service and they said that the store was wrong. They told me to go back in and tell the manager to look up "Motorola Trade Up" in the "Doorways" app. I asked for a manager and he said yep there it is. You can always go in and talk to the manager before spending any money on a phone on ebay. I can tell you it worked for me. I went and got my $100 gift card tonight. The PROMO code that printed on the card is MOTOJB100NEW.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Great idea! Purchasing my beater phone now.

I would just make sure the beater had a clean ESN and didn't have a broken screen. They didn't even try to turn on the one that I took in, but it also wasn't obviously broken and had a clean ESN.

jbertovi

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Per the terms and conditions found on the Motorola Trade Up site:

7.2 Program Requirements. In order to participate in the Program, you must have an eligible used smartphone as listed here. The Program is only valid within the United States. You must be a minimum of 18 years of age to participate. The Program is not valid on stolen property, pre-production or prototype smartphones. The site is for the exclusive use by consumers and is strictly prohibited for use by wireless dealer's, retailers, or corporate accounts. There is a maximum of five (5) trade-ins per household. Requests from PO boxes will not be honored or acknowledged. Limit one device per postmarked envelope. A valid proof of purchase is a) an copy of the sales receipt or b) a copy of the UPC code from the smartphone box. Limit one Motorola Visa prepaid card per IMEI number. Clover Wireless has the right to reject any trade-up submissions where 1) the used phone is submitted by anyone other than the user of the used phone and 2) when the used phone was not active at the time of the new phone purchase and 3) the trade-up voucher was not signed by you and 4) there is an invalid proof of purchase or 5) we believe there to be fraudulent intentions. Without a valid proof of purchase, you will not receive the $100 Motorola Visa prepaid card. Clover Wireless is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected or postage due mail or requests. We recommend making a photocopy of your submission for your records. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Offer void where prohibited.

Unless Davinci is referring to another trade in program, be sure you obtain a valid proof of purchase.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I did. I purchased the phone on Friday and went back in to get the gift card today. The customer care rep said it shouldn't be a problem, and the store didn't seem to have any problem with it. You can always confirm with the store manager before spending any money on ebay. Just tell them you don't have the phone with you, but wanted to confirm before you went back home and got it.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it works for you. I'd be worried about the cracked from glass, but it might be fine. I could never really find any stipulations about the condition of the phone being traded in. They didn't try to turn on the one I traded in, but it wasn't cracked.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I really don't know anything about condition stipulations. The one I traded in was in good condition, but didn't include the battery. I was worried that was going to be a problem but it worked out fine for me.

I make no guarantees this works. It worked for me, but It was a bit of a gamble. I figured worst case I was out $20. If you can't afford to be stuck with the beater you buy off of ebay, I wouldn't do it. If you are willing to risk a few bucks, it could pay off.

loooney2ns

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I didn't get a gift card for my D3.I got $100 off my Maxx. Definitely worth $199. Now if I can get the 8gb of data for $50 without Verizon Edge, I'll be really happy!

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I can offer some insight here.

1) Refer to that list for compatible models
2) Go to Verizon store with the barcode from your Droid box
3) Do the trade in, get $100. Regardless of when you bought the phone or the condition of the trade in. The other day I did two Moto Photons porting over to Verizon and got them a $200 gift card. One had a shattered screen. The promo code we have for the trade in over rides any value the trade in system assigns due to damage. I didn't realize their phones were eligible until after the fact so they ended up using it on a Bose Sound Link Mini.
4) Be prepared for the biggest sales pitch of your life. You just got a $100 gift card that you can only spend at Verizon so that rep is gonna be all up in your business.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude