Get $70-90 off your purchase even if you've already bought the phone.

Bill Newman1

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Motorola - A Google Company tells you what phones qualify and what phones don't. My stupid store tried to tell me that only the d3 and x2 qualified. That's why I didn't get the gift car Friday when I originally bought the MAXX. I called customer service and they said that the store was wrong. They told me to go back in and tell the manager to look up "Motorola Trade Up" in the "Doorways" app. I asked for a manager and he said yep there it is. You can always go in and talk to the manager before spending any money on a phone on ebay. I can tell you it worked for me. I went and got my $100 gift card tonight. The PROMO code that printed on the card is MOTOJB100NEW.
I didn't read the end of this post when I saw this thread.
So when you had the manager go through that process, the Admiral came up as an option, and they gave you the card after you had already purchased?
I want to buy Admiral (way cheaper than D3 or X2)
Buy MAXX online ($50 cheaper at full retail)
Then bring UPC and phone into store for gift card.

Think that plan would work? Guess I need to go into a store again and find out before.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Think that plan would work? Guess I need to go into a store again and find out before.

I bought my phone in the same store where I tradded up the admiral. Not sure if buying it online would make a difference or not. The admiral was eligible. They have multiple programs. One is a VZW program and only the d3 and x2 qualify. The other is a motorola program and the admiral qualifies for that program. The sales rep at the store tried to tell me there was only the d3 and x2 program. That's why I had to ask for a manager. If you have questions I would recommend you call the customer support line. The guy I talked 2 was super helpful and answered all my questions about the program. You could even have the CSR on the phone add a note to your account so the store sales rep will have an easier time finding the motorola trade up program.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Update: I bought an Admiral on eBay for $25 two days ago. Got delivered this afternoon and took it to the Verizon store. It took almost 1 /12 hours, but I got my $100. They just credited my account instead of a gift card. Make sure to give them the details from davinci27's post because they had no idea what I was trying to do. They thought I wanted to trade it in under the recycle program.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Did they care what kind of shape it was in as long as it turned on? See quite a few cheapies on ebay that have a scratch or two on the screen.

The store I went to wanted to see it turn on and check the ESN/IMEI number. I bought one that looked pretty good. It had some dust under the screen but seemed to work ok. I didnt get the cracked ones with missing batteries and backs for $7.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The store I went to just read the esn number out of the battery department. I think your mileage may vary on this point.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

androidphan88

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So quick question. I actually have a Droid 3 i will trade in on this.
Will you get your 100 gift card right away in store. As in i could use it during my purchase of a MAXX or will i have to wait and use it against my bill or something?

steveg2112

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Gift card is credited to your account straight away and can be used immediately, I used mine for case, charger and screen protector combo. I had some initial resistance from then rep in store as I had ordered mine online and he claimed the offer was only valid at the time of order/purchase and there should have been something on the website when I ordered it. He didn't think he would be able to do the offer retrospectively but after a bit of insistence he was able to 'find a way to do it'.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I am going to trade mine in as a buy it. So i should be able to use the card to take 100 off the price?

Yeah, so just tell them you want to trade it in and they should be able to take it off the price of the phone right away. You may get some push back, but they are able to do it.

brun019822

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought my phone in the same store where I tradded up the admiral. Not sure if buying it online would make a difference or not. The admiral was eligible. They have multiple programs. One is a VZW program and only the d3 and x2 qualify. The other is a motorola program and the admiral qualifies for that program. The sales rep at the store tried to tell me there was only the d3 and x2 program. That's why I had to ask for a manager. If you have questions I would recommend you call the customer support line. The guy I talked 2 was super helpful and answered all my questions about the program. You could even have the CSR on the phone add a note to your account so the store sales rep will have an easier time finding the motorola trade up program.

the admiral is a sprint phone correct?

foxisbubba#AC

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I was just denied today on a Motorola Admiral with a cracked screen. Customer service for Verizon stated the condition was irrelevant, but the manager in the store said the phone had to be in fair condition. (no cracked screen, water damage, etc.) This would have scored me a $100 instant rebate/credit for my account with no box otherwise.

I called back in to customer service and they went to bat for me calling the store, but she said the manager was talking in circles. Funny, I thought the same thing when I was there this morning...
The Motorola code is MOTOJB100 link (Motorola - A Google Company) and is not related to the Verizon recycle program (you have to make this clear). The admirals are cheap on Ebay, just make sure you get one in FAIR condition that can be turned on with a clean ESN.

Persistence pays off. Just got back from a different corporate store and I was able to get the $100 credited to my account at the kiosk via an in store gift card. I used a Sprint Moto Admiral with a broken screen, no battery and no back. ($7 eBay) The rep just used the above code for the moto trade up program, the esn from each phone and had me out of there in 15 mins.

Copied From the verizon forum

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
does this only work if you are upgrading or buying a new phone? will they still give credit or gift card if you are not buying service right then and there? also, does this work only when buying a new moto device?

foxisbubba#AC

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
does this only work if you are upgrading or buying a new phone? will they still give credit or gift card if you are not buying service right then and there? also, does this work only when buying a new moto device?

Yep only works for a moto upgrade. They have to activate at the time of purchase.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Just got my $100 card! After paying $7 for a broken phone, I just got $100 for a net gain of $93. Not too shabby.

Sent from my Droid Maxx by Motorola using Tapatalk 4.

That's great. I have an old droid x that's been lying in a drawer for over a year. Did you have to give the manager the promo code?

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
That's great. I have an old droid x that's been lying in a drawer for over a year. Did you have to give the manager the promo code?

I had the promotion pulled up on my Maxx browser with the Admiral and Maxx selected. The CSR had not heard of the promotion so he asked to take my Maxx to his manager to confirm. Hey came back and said no problem. He entered the information, told me I would get an email. I received it he then asked me what I wanted to do with the card. I told him that I wanted it applied to my bill. He put in the information and it was applied to my bill.

Sent from my Droid Maxx by Motorola using Tapatalk 4.

Last edited:

brun019822

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got my admiral in the mail paid $20 and it looks brand new! I have my son playing angry birds on it hopefully he will beat the phone up a little until I go to the Verizon store in the weekend. If anybody want the link from where I got it on eBay just let me know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma