Screen Protector for Droid Maxx

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone can recommend an excellent screen protector for my Droid Maxx. I bought the anti-glare one from Verizon and it's a piece of crap. Its matte finish feels horrible, and the clarity appears as if it has decrease my screen resolution by another 100 ppi. I checked Amazon and the only other one available is made by Skinomi, which should be out by August 28th. But the picture for it shows no cut out for the proximity sensors. If anyone have the Skinomi screen protector for the Maxx, please let me know if the cut outs for the proximity sensors are there, or have any recommendation for others. Much appreciated!

nikoaudio1

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought the anti-scratch protectors from my local Verizon store. They're a 3 pack for $12.99. Easy to apply and doesn't impede any pixels. ;)

Posted via Android Central App

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I bought the anti-scratch protectors from my local Verizon store. They're a 3 pack for $12.99. Easy to apply and doesn't impede any pixels. ;)

These are a rip but they work. Been using on my gnex since release day. I'll probably look into cheaper alternatives for the maxx. If you are looking for high quality/not gonna crack screen, id check out skinomi tech skin. Think they may be having 60% summer clearance right now.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I posted on here a few days ago about Skinomi. I love their product and they have great customer service. I posted a link to their MAXX products and a coupon code for 60% off.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I can never put these things on. Got the Verizon matte one and it is horrible. I am waiting for Zagg so I can go to their mall kiosk and have them put it on.

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
It took me 3 tries to put on the Verizon matte one close to perfect. But I can't stand looking at my screen now. I just want to rip it back off.

sgayol

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I use the Verizon anti-glare protector too. It definitely messes with clarity a bit. It's especially visible on white screens. I'm dealing with it until I can find a higher quality alternative.

A tip for anyone applying a screen protector... Get in the bathroom with the door closed and run the shower hot until it gets steamy. Clean the screen, making sure it's free of all debris, then apply. The steam helps keep airborne stuff from clinging to the adhesive when you pull the backing off. This is especially useful for people who live in dusty areas or have pets. My Persian cat's hair tends to get everywhere it's not wanted including under my screen protectors, so when I spoke to someone from spigen, this was the advice they gave me and it's worked well.

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
That's what I do whenever I install a screen protector, except I also strip down naked because it gets hot in he bathroom; and it also prevent lint from falling off my clothes and on to the screen. The placement for the Maxx was a bit tricky though, I accidently covered up the front mic on my first try.

Phenix

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Matte finish and AMOLED is a very bad match. Stick with standard screen protectors. The ones sold by Verizon are good but expensive.

As far as putting them on, make sure you've removed all the dust you can and just peel a very small piece of the backing off. Maybe a quarter inch or so. Then stick that bit of the protector on the screen, line everything up, and wipe the backing down the screen as you remove it while pressing the protector down at the same time. Don't worry one bit about bubbles at this point. The remaining dust will stick to the backing as you wipe it down your screen. Hard to explain but there's a YouTube video demonstrating this out there somewhere. You can work the bubbles out before you remove the top protective film. I never have issues using this method and I don't have to resort to turning my bathroom into a sauna.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's what I do whenever I install a screen protector, except I also strip down naked because it gets hot in he bathroom; and it also prevent lint from falling off my clothes and on to the screen. The placement for the Maxx was a bit tricky though, I accidently covered up the front mic on my first try.

I line up the protector and then tape it on one side three times from top to bottom. Flip protector back, final cleaning, pull film, apply. No lining guess work because its already done.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The BodyGuardz UltraTough Clear Screen Guardz are the best I've ever used. I had one on my old Razr Maxx, on my wife's current Razr Maxx, and I ordered them for my new Droid Maxx the same day I ordered the phone (this past Monday).

Motorola Droid Maxx Screen Protectors by BodyGuardz

They can go on dry, but I absolutely recommend you take the time to use the gel application. Once cured (about 24 hours), you can't tell it's there. They're also easier to put on wet as you can slide them around a bit until they're lined up correctly.

You get a two pack for about $16, and they have their "Advantage Replacement Program" where you can get replacements (on just about any of their protective products including the armor and screen protectors) for $5.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
It took me 3 tries to put on the Verizon matte one close to perfect. But I can't stand looking at my screen now. I just want to rip it back off.

That's great that you were able to do that. It's not easy to do. I tried to replace the screen protector on my old Bionic my self. It took me 2 or 3 tries and then I finally went to the verizon store and had them do it for me.

With my Maxx I just got the ones that came with the bundle deal. The lady at the store asked me if I wanted to do it my self and I said absolutely not. I learned my lesson. I'll go back and have them do it for me from now on when I need new ones.

redddog

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know of a tempered glass protector like Screenguardz Pure that is available for the Maxx?

Sometimes you feel like you're on an island with this new Droid line.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's great that you were able to do that. It's not easy to do. I tried to replace the screen protector on my old Bionic my self. It took me 2 or 3 tries and then I finally went to the verizon store and had them do it for me.

With my Maxx I just got the ones that came with the bundle deal. The lady at the store asked me if I wanted to do it my self and I said absolutely not. I learned my lesson. I'll go back and have them do it for me from now on when I need new ones.

Its not that difficult but you do need to find the correct and best way for you. For me I line up the protector while the protective films are still applied. Tape the protector on my device, flip it to the side, clean phone good, pull film from rear and apply. Perfect alignment and minimal time for dust to collect. Do in a humid bathroom if needed.

But that's me. Nothing wrong with having VZW do it. However, their screen protectors are generally more difficult to install compared to something like iSmooth.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary