Touchless Controls and Battery?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy these controls a lot but any effect on battery? Considering its always listening I'm just curious as to how much it would use? Yes, this phone is great in terms of battery and it lasts all day but I'm curious just in case I ever need to "hypermile" my battery for long periods of no charge. For example, we go camping and need to conserve battery.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Of course you would see better battery if you turn off touchless. That would be an entire CPU not being utilized. Will it be much? More testing needed.

If you look at the Verge review (a terrible review by the way) they say this phone gets less than the original Razer maxx. My guess would be if you turn off some of the newer features like touchless control, you may get battery life closer to the Razer. Cant hurt.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
As I understand it with the X8 computing system there is a very low power consuming core running that is always on listening for the magic phrase "ok google now". It uses very little power. If you need just a bit more battery life you can shut if off.

If I were camping, I would just turn the thing off until I needed to make a call or check GPS or what ever you wanted to do with your phone. With moderate use I am able to get over 48 hours on one charge so If you only turned it on once a day for a few hours, you could probably make the battery last a week or longer.

Good luck and enjoy your camping trip.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
As I understand it with the X8 computing system there is a very low power consuming core running that is always on listening for the magic phrase "ok google now". It uses very little power. If you need just a bit more battery life you can shut if off.

If I were camping, I would just turn the thing off until I needed to make a call or check GPS or what ever you wanted to do with your phone. With moderate use I am able to get over 48 hours on one charge so If you only turned it on once a day for a few hours, you could probably make the battery last a week or longer.

Good luck and enjoy your camping trip.

Not going camping. I'm more or less asking for when I do decode to go next haha.

I'm not even sure where to begin with that Verge review. Everything about it was so wrong and I know this because I've used the RAZR, RAZR Maxx, RAZR HD Maxx and now the Droid Maxx.

Can't fix stupid.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4