For all the time I had my Bionic I used K9 and really liked it, though 2 years later I can't recall the reasons I stopped using the built in email client. As soon as I got this phone, one of the first things I did was install K9 and set it up for my 4 email address that I regularly use. I'm quickly finding out that K9 isn't playing nice with this phone. I don't know if it's K9 or the phone or 4.2.2 and it'll be cleared up 4.2.3/4.3 (which ever comes next) or some setting, but I'm getting some emails right away, some are showing up hours or even days later (even though I've manually polled since then). I remember having some issues setting up the accounts that's probably related to this (IIRC the client didn't think my password or some settings were correct, but I knew they were).

So, I'm looking for recommendations and to here if other people are or aren't having issues with K9.
    08-29-2013 01:28 AM
    I use aquamail it allows me to connect to all my email accounts. The push notifications is pretty good. Lots of settings to set it up the way you like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    08-29-2013 01:53 AM
    I too am using AquaMail. I was a K9 user for several years but switched to Aquamail a couple of months ago. I like it. And it seems to work fine on the Maxx.
    08-29-2013 08:25 AM
    I'm using K9 and two accounts with no problems so far.
    08-29-2013 08:35 AM
    Another problem I've been having, that I was just reminded of is that it doesn't always delete mail. For example, I just had an Active Notification that I had mail, so I clicked on that which took my directly into the mail itself (where I could read it). It was junk, so I hit the trash/delete button. All that did was back me out to the Inbox and it was still sitting there. Wonder if it was K9 or if I just hit the back button, I clicked on the mail again, and hit the delete button a few more times and each time it just kept taking me back to the inbox. Eventually I selected it and hit delete from the inbox and it deleted.

I'll look into Aqua Mail when I have some time.

This is just another issue that I've been having with this phone, I'm starting to wonder if it's my phone and not the Maxx in general.
    08-29-2013 08:41 AM
    I use kaiten mail on the maxx. Kaiten (K10) being the successor to K9. It works great!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-29-2013 08:57 AM