SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am surprised there has not been much discussion here of Ingress. The new Droids come with the beta, which seems to be difficult to get an invite too.

Is anybody here playing Ingress?

I fooled around with it last night, and then again some today. I have found portals in my area, and I have been able to hack them. I think I am still a little lost on how to link them, and what I am supposed to be doing. I did notice the meter finally starting to fill today, which may help me level up.

It would be good to see some discussion here, and understand what people are doing. The premise is cool.

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
its actually easy to get an invite. you simply goto the website and get one emailed to you. ingress is good if you live in the city, I live in the country so fighting over the only fire station in 50 miles seems pointless

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
its actually easy to get an invite. you simply goto the website and get one emailed to you. ingress is good if you live in the city, I live in the country so fighting over the only fire station in 50 miles seems pointless

Didn't realize it was easy to get the invite, I didn't try. I am not in the city, but I am close and there are a number of portals that are close by. Still trying to understand the point of the game. Just territory control I guess. Maybe a reason to visit all the historic sites near me, then I can quit. :)

Fwafwow

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Oops - didn't know what it was and assumed it was bloatware. Thanks for the heads-up. I just started my training, but with college football on TV today, I don't think I will be making many trips/missions.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I've played it some. There is 1 portal across the street from where i live that I hacked, but no other ones that i've seen close to me. I've seen a couple near where I work though, but I don't think my boss would take to kindly to me taking "ingress breaks"

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had the game for a few months now. Its supposed to be a game to get you moving out and about in the real world. I hear a lot of people have lost weight with this game (the constant walking/exploring). I hardly play it, too busy to be wandering around discovering portals for me, but I guess if your an outdoorsy type or runner this would be a good game to get into.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I saw a promotional video for it a while back and tried it out because I was curious. It is easy to get an invite. Anyway, I live in the Dallas area. So, there are lots of portals to fight over. One of them is a water fountain outside the building I work at. I'd go hack it several times a day for items. It was already captured by someone on my side. There are also 5 portals within a few blocks of my house, not to mention tons on the way to and from work. Unfortunately, I'm a single full time father of two. Not enough free time to play. It was fun for a week, but I just don't have the time to go out after work. Too bad. I started developing an interest in nighttime photography, and could combine the two if I had the time. If I was in college I'd probably be living this thing when I was supposed to be studying.

I think this is a brilliant idea by Google. They get images for points of interest and data on locations people like to go. I played it on my RAZR while I was waiting for the Maxx to come out, but haven't played once since getting the Maxx. Probably won't either, but I find it interesting.

loooney2ns

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I never got my invite when I emailed for it. One of these days I'll get around to trying it.

Sent from my GT-p6810 using Tapatalk 4

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
OK, so here is a funny Ingress story. My wife and I went to a bar tonight to watch the UFC fights. After they were over (nice arm bar Petis), we were driving home and I talked her into going by a couple portals so I could see if I could figure the game out a little more. Well, we sat through green light while I hacked a portal, then we turned down a dead end road only to get pulled over. A NJ cop thought we were drunk, but he was only half right -- she was sober. So we tried to explain to him we were playing a game, which he did not get at all. He gave her the first half of a field sobriety test, which she passed of course. He was pissed and told us to go play our game in PA. LOL. (We live on the NJ/PA border, and were barely in NJ).

I am not going to have enough time for this game, but I am compelled by it somehow.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
OK, so here is a funny Ingress story. My wife and I went to a bar tonight to watch the UFC fights. After they were over (nice arm bar Petis), we were driving home and I talked her into going by a couple portals so I could see if I could figure the game out a little more. Well, we sat through green light while I hacked a portal, then we turned down a dead end road only to get pulled over. A NJ cop thought we were drunk, but he was only half right -- she was sober. So we tried to explain to him we were playing a game, which he did not get at all. He gave her the first half of a field sobriety test, which she passed of course. He was pissed and told us to go play our game in PA. LOL. (We live on the NJ/PA border, and were barely in NJ).

I am not going to have enough time for this game, but I am compelled by it somehow.

U can do like I do and take over portals when u are already in rotation to or from work the gym ect. Plus join g+ different factions plan outings as well.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't remember where, but I saw an explanation sheet you could print out for law enforcement to explain why you are so weird, um I mean that you are playing a game and what it is. I didn't print it out, I only played for a week, but I did stop at a few locations late at night that I was worried might arouse suspicion.

I have been parked outside county buildings, multiple post offices, fire stations, and parks all later than I should have been. I never got approached by anyone, but I did get some strange looks late at night outside a county office building. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we see some interesting stories, and most people will know what Ingress is.

yenyob

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing since December 2012. It came out in November. It has gone through many revisions, some good, some bad. The best part about this game is meeting new people and the competition. Most of us have reduced our playing time this summer as we were ridiculously active the entire winter. After almost a year of playing, it's starting to lose its luster. If you're new to the game, it will be fun and a warning... Addicting! For those that are new, look to join Google + groups. Go on the comms and ask for assistance in your area. Most players will be glad to help.

Posted via Android Central App

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up to anyone who visits the thread. I have 9 invites remaining, I just need your email so I can send you one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie