Happy w my battery

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
This seems pretty good to me. I never expect 48 hours.. But I do expect a long days use out of it. I'm happy w it.
I don't use power saver and i use the phone the way I want or need at the time.. Screen is set on auto brightness.. Wasn't on WiFi today. Bluetooth stays on because I'm in and out of my car so much

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1378013191786.jpg
    1378013191786.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 1378013202878.jpg
    1378013202878.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 130

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
This seems pretty good to me. I never expect 48 hours.. But I do expect a long days use out of it. I'm happy w it.
I don't use power saver and i use the phone the way I want or need at the time.. Screen is set on auto brightness.. Wasn't on WiFi today. Bluetooth stays on because I'm in and out of my car so much

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

This is about what I see with regular usage. I think that's a reasonable goal: just go for using the phone how you want, when you want, instead of a true 48 hour duration. I've been happy with the lack of worry, but find that I still need to charge nightly because I'm in the 30's or 40's by the end of the day.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
This is about what I see with regular usage. I think that's a reasonable goal: just go for using the phone how you want, when you want, instead of a true 48 hour duration. I've been happy with the lack of worry, but find that I still need to charge nightly because I'm in the 30's or 40's by the end of the day.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Agreed. I wanted 48 hrs so I knew I could make it through a full day, not matter how much abuse I threw at the phone. I am going to charge nightly, regardless of usage.

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
mine seems to be getting better with time. today had 50% left after 5 hours of screen time and 16 hours off the charger. all radios on always. over 50% brightness always, controlled by lux autobrightness. what is powersaver? :))

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
mine seems to be getting better with time. today had 50% left after 5 hours of screen time and 16 hours off the charger. all radios on always. over 50% brightness always, controlled by lux autobrightness. what is powersaver? :))

You can turn it on in the settings>battery option is at the top. I don't know what it does to save battery I tuned it on and see no difference when using the phone I don't know what if any battery life it is saving. I downloaded snapdragon guru to see what that does for the battery life. It takes 3 days of monitoring your usage before it activates so I will have a good reference if it is saving battery life.

viper81

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
You can turn it on in the settings>battery option is at the top. I don't know what it does to save battery I tuned it on and see no difference when using the phone I don't know what if any battery life it is saving. I downloaded snapdragon guru to see what that does for the battery life. It takes 3 days of monitoring your usage before it activates so I will have a good reference if it is saving battery life.

I dug up some info on battery saver since I was also curious. What I found was for the moto X, but I'm sure it was implemented the same way on the Maxx.

Battery saver info ( from http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/moto-x-1170399/review/2 ):

"If you enable it, it comes in when you drop to 15 percent charge. It disables background data use, meaning less push notifications for your email and social networks, and also institutes aggressive screen dimming and time outs.

It does great work milking that last bit of charge for you. With battery saver enabled at fifteen percent, we got over two hours of battery life before reaching one percent. This was with a mix of web browsing, photo snapping, text messaging, and some idle stand by time."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone seeing android os and kernal wakelocks like this?

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Attachments

• 1378245122155.jpg
    1378245122155.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 58

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone seeing android os and kernal wakelocks like this?

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Kinda sorta.....

zaga4u6u.jpg

Sent from a Droid Maxx.

Last edited:

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Cool. That's weird that you have the kernal wake lock and a system wake lock separate from the android system listed in my list? I don't memorize all the different system processes so maybe that's normal.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

You have them separated, too. It's just that your system wakelock is way down your list. I had several hours of calls today. Might be why my system wakelock is so far up the list today?

Sent from a Droid Maxx.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
You have them separated, too. It's just that your system wakelock is way down your list. I had several hours of calls today. Might be why my system wakelock is so far up the list today?

Sent from a Droid Maxx.

Possibly. I had minimal phone calls. I'll try to use it more on the next charge and see what changes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

Sent from a Droid Maxx.

This is what better battery stats shows me. Here it looks like Google processes showing up after the SMS backup, which consumes a disappointing amount of battery.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Attachments

• 1378271777414.jpg
    1378271777414.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 31

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Now that I'm starting to settle into normal usage patterns, I find that I don't have to really worry about it. On work days, my car dock tops me off on the way to work and gets me close on the way home. When I'm home and awake I place it on a Qi charger which tops it off before bed. At night it is not on the charger, it just sits on the table. My lowest point today was 70%, and that was at the end of the work day, before the drive home. The drive home got me back to 94%, and Qi did the rest. Right now, it's not even on the Qi charger, it is in front of me with 99% charge.

So, I don't really think about it other than putting it on the Qi charger or not. A big change from the "Oh my God, the battery is less than 90%, it'll die any second" Droid RAZR.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Is it bad to just keep charging it at 60%-70%? At my current usage rates, by the end of the day that is where I am at. I am now at almost 2 1/2 days off the charger.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Is it bad to just keep charging it at 60%-70%? At my current usage rates, by the end of the day that is where I am at. I am now at almost 2 1/2 days off the charger.

No in the long run that will actually make your battery and your phone last longer.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

A phone typically has 500 charging cycles. I have heard larger numbers but we will stick with the minimum for the sake of not over stating it. This is true for any phone that uses Lithium-Ion batteries. A full charge cycle is from 0% - 100%. A partial charge cycle is anywhere in between this. So if you drain the phone down to 0% and charge it to 100% that's one cycle. If you charge from 50% to 100% that's half of a cycle. This would in turn change your amount of cycles from 500 to 1000 because you did not have to fully charge the device.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
A phone typically has 500 charging cycles. I have heard larger numbers but we will stick with the minimum for the sake of not over stating it. This is true for any phone that uses Lithium-Ion batteries. A full charge cycle is from 0% - 100%. A partial charge cycle is anywhere in between this. So if you drain the phone down to 0% and charge it to 100% that's one cycle. If you charge from 50% to 100% that's half of a cycle. This would in turn change your amount of cycles from 500 to 1000 because you did not have to fully charge the device.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

I explained this in a different forum

Posted via The Maxx