Did a factory reset

::Montgomery::

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Now the icons look a lot bigger than they did before. I had no launchers or any 3rd party software on it before I did the reset. Is there any way to change the screen resolution so that the icons are smaller, or maybe removing the automatic grid for the icons.

I just jumped the ship from an iphone 5, so there is a massive learning curve for me. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Go into settings and look under display. See what options you find

Posted via Android Central App

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Now the icons look a lot bigger than they did before. I had no launchers or any 3rd party software on it before I did the reset. Is there any way to change the screen resolution so that the icons are smaller, or maybe removing the automatic grid for the icons.

I just jumped the ship from an iphone 5, so there is a massive learning curve for me. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

If you was completely stock before your factory reset than the icons being bigger is probably an illusion. You can install nova prime and change the grid size and the size of the icons themselves.

Sent from my Droid MAXX .

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Could you take a screenshot of the icons that appear to be larger? We will be able to confirm if you're seeing an illusion or not. You can take a screenshot by pressing the Power Button + Volume Down at the same time and hold them for about a second.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Myers /eclipse,

I think you both are right and I am imagining the larger icons. Attached is a screenshot of my home screen. I am going to give nova prime a shot.

Thanks again for helping me with this issue!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-05-05-46-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-05-05-46-45.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 60

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's the stock size. Give Nova or Apex or ADW or something like that a shot to customize your grid and icon sizes. There are also launchers that replicate an iOS-like interface, though I don't recall their names.

Sent from a Droid Maxx.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
y8ygu9az.jpg
Thanks for the response and ideas! I appreciate it!

No problem. If you need any more help with anything don't be afraid to ask. :)

I've attached an image showing my home screen on a Droid Maxx for comparison sake. I don't usually use the Command Center/Circle Widget but I added it for reference. :)

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
tried that previously on my wifes phone (former iOS user) and while it is a fair replication of the iphone, i didnt find it practical enough to keep it.

I can see that. I've never tried it, but I suppose someone that is making the transition between operating systems may find the familiarity helpful while getting comfortable.

Sent from a Droid Maxx.

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the launcher idea! Android is taking some getting use to, but it is demolishing my experience with iPhone. Kicking myself for not switching sooner.