Google Support

cmdr430

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I have had a Maxx for a little over a week now, and love it. I am a little unsure of the size(coming from GNexus) and have pondered trading it for the MotoX.

If I end up keeping it, do you think it will receive the same Google support(timely updates) that the MotoX does(will)?

It is basically the same as the MotoX internally.

antk90

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
As long as it's under Verizon's umbrella, I wouldn't expect timely updates. They are notoriously slow.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had a Maxx for a little over a week now, and love it. I am a little unsure of the size(coming from GNexus) and have pondered trading it for the MotoX.

If I end up keeping it, do you think it will receive the same Google support(timely updates) that the MotoX does(will)?

There is a chance that the Verizon software on the Droid line will result in more delays in updates than the Moto X. Other than that, they seem to be nearly identical on the hardware & software end of things, so I doubt there would be much if any more delay on Motorola's end of things.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

I would imagine that the moto x will get faster updates than droid. Are you sure that you want the maxx over the x? If you can still jump you may want to try the x. Read the x forum and the reviews. The x is undoubtedly the best android to come out in a long long time.

Posted via Android Central App

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
As long as it's under Verizon's umbrella, I wouldn't expect timely updates. They are notoriously slow.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

In the past they have been very slow. Recently they have gotten a lot better. They are not perfect but they have gotten better in my opinion.

I would say that the X and the new Droids will be updated at about the same time through Verizon. Keeping my fingers crossed that things move along at a good pace.....

andrewh

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I would say that the X and the new Droids will be updated at about the same time through Verizon.

I agree. There is very little difference in software on the droids(droid zap, droid command center, etc.) vs the X. As long as we're talking about Verizon, you can bet on slow (slower than other carriers) updates, but I'd be willing to bet there won't be much lag time(couple of weeks) between the two phones.

I had the Droid Razr (got the Maxx yesterday). I went from gingerbread (on launch Nov 2011), to Ice cream sandwhich (July 2012), and Jelly Bean (4.1.2 - March 2013)... not too bad if you ask me.

Last edited:

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine that the moto x will get faster updates than droid. Are you sure that you want the maxx over the x? If you can still jump you may want to try the x. Read the x forum and the reviews. The x is undoubtedly the best android to come out in a long long time.

I think the X will get faster updates on other carriers. On verizon I would expect the maxx and the x to get updates at reasonably similar speeds. If you can live with half the storage space and half the battery, the the X might be a good phone for you.

I held out for a long time for the X, but I felt like getting all of the X features plus ridiculous long battery times and double the storage was worth the extra few bucks and dealing with the droid branding. There is at least "one" person reporting really long runtimes with the X battery; the majority of folks are reporting what you would expect, 1/2 what the maxx users are reporting. Weigh your options and make the choice that is best for you. I wouldn't listen to anybody's blatent opinions. There is no "undoubtedly" best android phone at the moment. The MAXX however is arguably the best android to come out in a long long time.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
hopefully the x gets rooted and that will also work for the maxx. then we wont have to worry about vzw. i personally believe the vzw x and droids will be updated in a similar time frame.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I think the X will get faster updates on other carriers. On verizon I would expect the maxx and the x to get updates at reasonably similar speeds. If you can live with half the storage space and half the battery, the the X might be a good phone for you.

I held out for a long time for the X, but I felt like getting all of the X features plus ridiculous long battery times and double the storage was worth the extra few bucks and dealing with the droid branding. There is at least "one" person reporting really long runtimes with the X battery; the majority of folks are reporting what you would expect, 1/2 what the maxx users are reporting. Weigh your options and make the choice that is best for you. I wouldn't listen to anybody's blatent opinions. There is no "undoubtedly" best android phone at the moment. The MAXX however is arguably the best android to come out in a long long time.

LG G2 :) I think that Verizon just got a new flagship big screen huge battery model. No contest.........

Posted via Android Central App

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I actually thought that you Maxx guys would be interested in it. This is a preview of the Nexus 5 and if it actually does turn out to be a variant of the next Nexus then it will be huge.......LOL no pun intended.
For somebody who seems to not like this phone you sure hang out here a lot.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yep. 3,000 mAh battery. I still go not have buyers remorse :)

It also has a 1080p backlit IPS display, so power consumption to light that thing should be higher. Only time will tell, of course.

I'm quite pleased with the droid Maxx myself.