I've left mine on auto for the two week I've had it. I notice that it changes much faster when I change environments than my last phone.
    I had thought about setting it closer to low, but one of the reasons I get the bigger battery is to be able to use the phone I want and not have to settle.
    My battery holds up fine. I can last 20 hours w almost six hours of screen time and still be between 20 to 30 percent so I'm certainly not complaining.. Just curious what others set there brightness too and if its being battery conscience or something else
    Using my Moto Droid Maxx
    09-07-2013 11:42 PM
    my brightness is auto.. fun fact.. 8% used 18 hours off charge and 40 min screen time so far, This is VERY light use.. I never have wifi on because im in a good LTE area., I found out that turning off location services (mainly googles) has increased battery 10x .. to turn it off you go to.. settings - google - search - google location services.. and turn it off.. I read online that having location services on when taking pictures time stamps in the coding and people can pin point your exact location where you took the picture, It was a big article on yahoo and I've read about it in other places too. I'm way off topic but yea.. screen auto brightness, only really hurts the battery if your outside a lot.
    09-07-2013 11:57 PM
    With me I'm in and out of my car at work. I work 3pm to 11pm so part of the time I'm out in the bright sun, others I'm n the office so I know it changes a lot.
    Like I said I'm not complaining I got the maxx for a reason.. I don't expect it to last two days but I expect it to last a very long day and so far its great.

Using my Moto Droid Maxx
    09-08-2013 12:08 AM
    Mine on manual but I use LUX for smoother and customizable brightness setting.

About pictures geo tagging - not news, if one is so security cautious then this should've been "discovered" years ago. Also, geo tagging setting is in the camera app, not Google location services

Posted via Android Central App
    09-08-2013 12:13 AM
    I wasn't saying it to be cautious.. (just saying with location services off) it saves tons of battery
    09-08-2013 01:37 AM
    Screen autobrightness, which I use, is flaky on this phone. The display will change brightness at odd times when sitting in the same room.
    09-08-2013 06:36 AM
    I wasn't saying it to be cautious.. (just saying with location services off) it saves tons of battery
    found out that turning off location services (mainly googles) has increased battery 10x ..
    Screenshots of your usage with and without location services, otherwise I call this bs. It is simply a lie - there is no way a battery will life be x10 longer after turning off location services. NO WAY.

09-08-2013 08:45 AM
    Screenshots of your usage with and without location services, otherwise I call this bs. It is simply a lie - there is no way a battery will life be x10 longer after turning off location services. NO WAY.

Agreed but I'm sure that he is just exaggerating for the drama effect

09-08-2013 09:02 AM
    yes I'm exaggerating.. I didn't think everyone on here was so literal, needing to sight my sources and have scientific documentation. The Droid Maxx is a sweet phone. Period.
    09-08-2013 05:36 PM
    I use Lux with the following links.

Sent from a Droid Maxx.
    09-08-2013 05:56 PM