Contacts Favorites Question

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just moved to the Droid Maxx from the Razr Maxx. My contacts downloaded properly from the Google/Gmail, but on the primary Contacts screen, is there any way to view the entire alphabet A-Z without scrolling down the list using the slider bar? I would like to be able to immediately select a "T" name, or an "M" name without the scroll. I also miss the pull down Favorites screen which the RM featured, but I was able to add my Favorites to a blank screen using the Contacts widget.

Still learning the ins and outs of the DM. Put nearly a thousand miles on the car this weekend and the driving tools made it a lot easier to manage conversations. One downside I noticed was the requirement to log in to complete some actions. Next trip I may unlock the phone to remove that requirement.

I have many more questions, but I'll try to work out as many as I can. That's half the fun of upgrading.

edison

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The best way I can think of getting immediately to a letter without scrolling is to hit the search button and typing that letter. Alternatively, you might consider Google Gesture Search, which is a nifty app that allows you to simply draw a letter on the screen, which will prompt the phone to start searching based on that letter (depending on your own criteria in the app's settings--i.e., contacts, files, apps, etc).

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If you are in the People contacts thingy and on the all contacts view you can touch the slider all the way to the right and run you finger down and you will see BIG letters of the alphabet light up, so just slide down till you see a BIT "T" and lift your finger and you will be at the T section of the peeps in your contacts. You can also swipe to the left and you will be on your favorites section that will only show the people that you have "starred" as a favorite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke