Quick Tip: How I extended my battery life.

Maddog121806

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
When I first got my Maxx I was excited about installing and activating my apps, little did I know that almost every app I installed or activated requested to track my location. I accepted it because I thought I had to for the app to work, I was wrong. I turned off my Location Access and my phone had new life, the battery life literally doubled, and I am still able to use my basic everyday apps. Just a little tip for new users.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious as to what apps, myself. I have installed quite a few apps, some have asked for location permission, and I have not turned off the location services. I don't believe most of the apps really track your location until you actually open them up. If I use My tracks, GPS usage does go up, but that is the only way that app will work.
I just checked my battery usage and GPS does not even show up on the screen.

So, yes, curious....

I'll add that when I set the weather to location, my GPS usage was up around the 5th place for battery usage. But it did not seem to be using that much battery. I did turn it off and set my home location and after that the GPS usage disappeared from my battery usage.

Last edited:

gamefreak715

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Isn't the point of this phone not having to worry about battery life or extending it? Even on my heaviest day of use, I went to bed with 34% after 21 hours. I don't do anything to preserve battery. Full screen brightness, always GPS on, etc. It just feels good to not baby it like I did my gnex

Posted via Android Central App

kurpaige

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Isn't the point of this phone not having to worry about battery life or extending it? Even on my heaviest day of use, I went to bed with 34% after 21 hours. I don't do anything to preserve battery. Full screen brightness, always GPS on, etc. It just feels good to not baby it like I did my gnex

Posted via Android Central App

agree, if you make it a whole day without having to charge, why turn things off? Maybe its just people are not getting use to the fact that those days are over. Task killers and battery savers or not needed with the MAXX. Or are people really just trying as hard as they can to get 48 hours of heavy use (will never happen)

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
agree, if you make it a whole day without having to charge, why turn things off? Maybe its just people are not getting use to the fact that those days are over. Task killers and battery savers or not needed with the MAXX. Or are people really just trying as hard as they can to get 48 hours of heavy use (will never happen)

im more just interested in which apps were drinkin juice. im not charging over night and wouldnt mind less battery usage while sleeping.

Maddog121806

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure which app was specifically affecting my battery life, as I just accepted everything in the beginning to get my phone going and my apps back up and running. I just know that when I turned off the Location Access my battery life was greatly affected. BTW I did come across this because I did want to test the battery and see how long it could last under normal usage, as compared to being conservative, compared to being extremely active. I also did the test with WiFi vs full bar 4G, that comparison on battery life was not even close, however the speed of both services were very similar.

Adriano Feria

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

I dont know what you are talking about. I can get a full weekend of battery if I leave work with the Maxx fully charged on Friday. BTW I use skype and I'm always online.

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Let's face it. The Maxx crowd is like a bunch of Mr. Atlas body builders that still want bigger muscles. We've got the baddest arse battery life but we still want more, More, MORE! :)

Sent from a Droid Maxx.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084