Need Your Input: Recent Apps sometimes not in order/missing

LeoBloom.

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Once or twice a day, pressing the multitask button does something unexpected.

1. The current app seems to minimize to the bottom of the recent apps list, but ultimately the app on the bottom is a different app (not expected).
2. Pressing the back or multitask button brings you back to the current app (as expected)
3. Pressing the multitask button once more brings the current app to the bottom of the list (as expected), BUT the list of apps is DIFFERENT from the original list we were presented with.

I've noticed this issue because sometimes I needed to (a) find an app I recently used which just wasn't present in the original list I was presented with, but is present upon the refreshed list, and (b) sometimes I minimize the current app to swipe it out but the app didn't go into the original list until the multitask-back-multitask dance.

I need to know if any of you have experienced this. I've presented this to the official Motorola forums but so far have only gotten support from one fellow forumer. I've also seen this issue mentioned in one Droid Maxx bug thread as well by one individual.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have never seen this happen before. Is there specific applications that do this or could it happen to any application?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

LeoBloom.

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It seems to happen with any application.

There was a suggestion that maybe I am not letting the application load fully before pressing the multitask button - I have verified that this isn't the case, I could be using an app for at least a minute and the phone may still exhibit this behavior.

Again, this happens about once to twice a day, but is very annoying - you have to watch out for it. The first few times I didn't notice that my current app didn't go to the bottom because I wasn't looking for that. I noticed this bug because the app I wanted to switch to wasn't present in the list, despite the fact that I remember using it recently.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow and report back with my findings. If I find a solution somewhere I will also keep you updated.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Casen

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's always out of order for me too. Pressing the home button to get to the home screen fixes it, and shows everything correctly

Sent from my DROID MAXX via Tapatalk 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2