Anyone else think the sound quality isnt that great?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded a bunch of music and listened to it through headphones. It did sound nearly as crisp as when i played it back from my nexus 7? Maybe just me but wanted to throw it out there

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't Motorola have Audio Effects enabled? I know I saw them in Google Music today and I disabled them. Give a trial of PowerAmp or PlayerPro a try and see if that improves it. Sometimes the presets are not to our liking and we need a change. I use PlayerPro and have no complaints.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
What app you using? Google music has crap audio setting for default to limit data use, turn that to high quality if your using that app.

Posted via Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I play my music through android player app. Its free and let's me build playlists.. The only reason I use it.
I have good sound quality even with the cheap headphones I use. My guess is play with the settings.. One of the things I love about my new maxx is its louder than crap, and sounds really good. I have my eq set on bass punch.. Sounds great. Also depending on where you are downloading your music you may get lesser quality songs.. I have that issue on some downloaded songs

Using my Moto Droid Maxx

DeadRinga

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Settings->Sound->Audio Effects (in android, not the music app)
Disable the damn Equalizer as it tries to give you a fake 3d sound for the headphones.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The audio on this phone isn't that good. My S3 blows it away on all the players but it's not a deal killer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

ponts69

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I had to send mine back for replacement as the speakers were blown from the factory. Horrible static. My moto x is crystal clear on full volume and way louder.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I had to send mine back for replacement as the speakers were blown from the factory. Horrible static. My moto x is crystal clear on full volume and way louder.

This is about headphone sound quality.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

My Droid Maxx sounds just fine at any volume level. No static at all. Tried with several pairs of headphones too.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmm.. Tried my wife's MAXX with Pandora on her Focus with SYNC. I thought it sounded 'tinny' but thought it was probably the audio setting.. I'll pay closer attention next time. Mine is on order and I have a better ear for sound quality than she does. Take Care

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I found this to be the best all around settings for most music. Those "Surround" settings usually make things worse.

bugu5uva.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just tried three different third-party sound equalizer apps. The third one was a charm. This one is working really well for my Google Play music app. However, you need to turn off the stock sound equalizer in the phone's settings menu. In other words, find the settings screen that I posted above, turn it off, then download this app and give it a try. It's free to try, and I even upgraded to the paid version since it worked so well.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.smartandroidapps.equalizer&token=zljwZ5xe

It will keep a notification in your notification bar when the equalizer is on so you can be certain it's applied. The notification goes away when you turn it off. There are specific on and off widgets, as well as the toggle button on the widget shown at the bottom of my second screen shot.

japu5uge.jpg

ene9u5y9.jpg

tyve7y5e.jpg

Vision2020

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just tried three different third-party sound equalizer apps. The third one was a charm. This one is working really well for my Google Play music app. However, you need to turn off the stock sound equalizer in the phone's settings menu. In other words, find the settings screen that I posted above, turn it off, then download this app and give it a try. It's free to try, and I even upgraded to the paid version since it worked so well.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.smartandroidapps.equalizer&token=l1GT7h-K

It will keep a notification in your notification bar when the equalizer is on so you can be certain it's applied. The notification goes away when you turn it off. There are specific on and off widgets, as well as the toggle button on the widget shown at the bottom of my second screen shot.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/26/japu5uge.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/26/ene9u5y9.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/26/tyve7y5e.jpg

I've disabled Audio Effects and added this app already, but it has no effect on Google Music. It does on my Nexus 7, but not on this phone. I had this same problem with my S3. When I change nay setting on the app it doesn't change anything about the sound at all.....very annoying...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke