Long-time BlackBerry user, new to Android - be gentle

I was setting up Google Now and in the process somehow removed the home screen widget. I searched through all the apps and widgets but don't see a widget to move to the home screen. How do I get it back? Incidentally, the app itself works perfectly - just trying to put the widget back! TIA

Posted via Android Central App
    09-12-2013 08:49 AM
    Did you some how accidentally disable Google Search in the Settings > Apps > All menu?

If so just scroll all the way to the bottom and find it and enable it.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    09-12-2013 08:51 AM
    Long-time BlackBerry user, new to Android - be gentle

I was setting up Google Now and in the process somehow removed the home screen widget. I searched through all the apps and widgets but don't see a widget to move to the home screen. How do I get it back? Incidentally, the app itself works perfectly - just trying to put the widget back! TIA

It should be under Google Search. There are 2 widgets; 4x1 which is just a search bar, and 4x4 which is Google Now. Long press an empty screen to replace it.
    09-12-2013 08:53 AM
    Well, that was a short-lived question! Rebooted the device and the widget reappeared in the widget list. I moved it back to the home screen. Lesson learned: Just 'cuz it's not a BlackBerry doesn't mean you never have to reboot!

Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-12-2013 08:54 AM
    Wow, you all are fast over here! Thanks - and the info is useful even though I got my widget back! Thanks much.

Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-12-2013 08:57 AM
    It should be under Google Search. There are 2 widgets; 4x1 which is just a search bar, and 4x4 which is Google Now. Long press an empty screen to replace it.
    You can't actually remove the default search bar from Motorola phones. There is a Google Search widget but its not the same. The widget is the bottom one which you can see is smaller.

Are you sure you have the right search bar? Check the image below. You want the larger top one.

Edit: You taught me something today. I had no idea we had a widget like that. I always think of Google Search as Google Now rather than having an actual widget. Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails Google Now Widget Disappeared-uploadfromtaptalk1378994332976.jpg  
    09-12-2013 08:59 AM
    You can't actually remove the default search bar from Motorola phones. There is a Google Search widget but its not the same. The widget is the bottom one which you can see is smaller.

Are you sure you have the right search bar? Check the image below. You want the larger top one.

Thanks. The main (top) bar was intact. It was the smaller Google Now widget that had disappeared. I've been able to reinstate the 4x4 widget and life is good.

Eclipse2K and Golfdriver97 like this.
    09-12-2013 09:06 AM
    Thanks. The main (top) bar was intact. It was the smaller Google Now widget that had disappeared. I've been able to reinstate the 4x4 widget and life is good.

Just making sure.

09-12-2013 09:08 AM

Thanks for posting the solution and result. It helps because someone may need to know what you did to fix it.
    09-12-2013 09:09 AM
    Hi. Saw your post and didn't know if you figured it out or not.
    To get it back you can hold down on an empty icon space on the screen you want to add the google search bar too and 3 options should pop-up at the bottum. Touch 'Widgets' option and scroll to 'Google search'. If it goes to a single icon or 4x1 you can press on it and stretch it out to the length you want it. FYI, the default is 5x1. Hope this helps you or someone else with this problem.
    12-14-2016 09:12 AM