Who is crazy about battery life?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I had a GNex and the battery was horrible. I'd be down to 30% by the end of my 10h shift in the ER. I had charges everywhere and was always plugging it in. Then I got the RMHD and was absolutely in love with the battery life. I could finish a 10h shift and be at 80%. I always said it was going to take a lot to talk me into a phone with a smaller battery. Then the choices of Droid Maxx and LG G2 came out. The resolution, screen size, small form factor, top processor, light weight, etc talked me into waiting and purchasing the G2. Its truly a great phone with a ton of great features. Many that I think I might miss on the DMaxx. However it only has a 3000mah battery rated at 28 vs 48h to the DMaxx. After my 10h shifts the past 2 days with moderate use I've been around 65%. Not bad compared to a lot of phones, but I just keep finding myself longing for the 3500mah battery of the Maxx. Maybe I'm just a little neurotic about it or something. Anyone else feel this way about the battery on the maxx or am I just crazy for wanting to return my G2 just for the mongo battery of the Maxx?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Battery anxiety and smartphone users go hand-in-hand! I have an original Maxx, and couldn't imagine changing to a phone that I have to charge every day (and worrying about charging every day). Really want to upgrade to the new Maxx, but have to wait until March!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Battery anxiety and smartphone users go hand-in-hand! I have an original Maxx, and couldn't imagine changing to a phone that I have to charge every day (and worrying about charging every day). Really want to upgrade to the new Maxx, but have to wait until March!

Ah now it makes sense why you're looking into the Maxx. :D

I'm a battery junkie. I've always lived by the idea that a phone is useless without it.. :D

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Now that I have the MAXX, I can't ever go back to a smaller battery! No matter what I do, I can't kill this battery in a day. That freedom to me is priceless.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had a GNex and the battery was horrible. I'd be down to 30% by the end of my 10h shift in the ER. I had charges everywhere and was always plugging it in. Then I got the RMHD and was absolutely in love with the battery life. I could finish a 10h shift and be at 80%. I always said it was going to take a lot to talk me into a phone with a smaller battery. Then the choices of Droid Maxx and LG G2 came out. The resolution, screen size, small form factor, top processor, light weight, etc talked me into waiting and purchasing the G2. Its truly a great phone with a ton of great features. Many that I think I might miss on the DMaxx. However it only has a 3000mah battery rated at 28 vs 48h to the DMaxx. After my 10h shifts the past 2 days with moderate use I've been around 65%. Not bad compared to a lot of phones, but I just keep finding myself longing for the 3500mah battery of the Maxx. Maybe I'm just a little neurotic about it or something. Anyone else feel this way about the battery on the maxx or am I just crazy for wanting to return my G2 just for the mongo battery of the Maxx?

My choice to get the Maxx was based entirely on the battery. I don't regret my decision. It is am amazing battery and an awesome phone.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Janet. I actually held an X in my hand yesterday....so freakin' sweet! But as I've explained thoroughly in other threads, I don't trust Moto on battery claims after they lied about the Orig. Razr and wouldn't let us trade up to the Maxx, even tho' that came out mere weeks after the Razr did. So they were already developing the bigger battery when the Orig hit the market, betraying that they soon knew, "Crap, it sucks a lot of battery!" So while that X is marvelous in the hand, and the Maxx will be like my Razr...what choice do I have? I'm tired of charging every 5-6 hours.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Janet. I actually held an X in my hand yesterday....so freakin' sweet! But as I've explained thoroughly in other threads, I don't trust Moto on battery claims after they lied about the Orig. Razr and wouldn't let us trade up to the Maxx, even tho' that came out mere weeks after the Razr did. So they were already developing the bigger battery when the Orig hit the market, betraying that they soon knew, "Crap, it sucks a lot of battery!" So while that X is marvelous in the hand, and the Maxx will be like my Razr...what choice do I have? I'm tired of charging every 5-6 hours.

I don't blame you for being tired of charging every 5-6 hours. I charge my Maxx only when I go to bed. I have not done a whole lot on the phone today, though I keep everything running all day long, and I have 67 percent of my battery left after 10 hours off the charger, one hour talking on the phone and almost three hours of screen time.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I came over from BlackBerry which always had decent battery life. I was worried about the MAXX battery. After a week I am like holy Shoot. I have like 75% after all day in the office on 4g lte doing you tube and anything else I want. My problem now is I lost my unlimited data with the upgrade.., Love this phone

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Before the Maxx it was the Galaxy S3.

Days in the office were rarely an issue. Charge at your desk if needed, and Wi-Fi coverage in the office meant pretty low battery drain overall. Rarely any need for a phone anyway when you have your desktop at your disposal. I was generally good for a night out leaving the office at 6/6:30ish, and came home with over 50% charge remaining.

Days where I was mobile was often an issue. Entering and exiting office buildings with challenging cell coverage, and receiving push notifications all day long put me critical quickly. If I didn't charge up at meetings, there would be no way I would end the day with more than 10-15%. I started carrying an extra battery for these days.

Days where I traveled it was impossible to survive without frequent charges. With significant screen-on time and being my only source of connectivity, the phone just couldn't keep up with that kind of use. Responding to emails during an early morning cab ride to LGA, and my battery life would lose 10%-15% off the top from a fresh charge. These are days I burned through the phone battery plus 2 spares. I had considered buying a 3rd spare.

With the Maxx, I just don't charge. My phone roams to other countries, deals with messed up signals in old iron buildings, and takes hours of screen-on time. I haven't missed a beat, and the closest I've come to empty was ending up around 20% after 17.5 hrs with 5+ hrs of screen time. Not having to think about charging is something new for me, and it's very liberating. Consider me a Maxx convert. I won't buy anything with a smaller battery.

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Battery was a big reason in our decision to upgrade my wife to her MAXX. She is not as attentive to keeping phone charged as well as she should... ;)

I liked hers so much I bought one, as well. Giving up on the best OS (Webos) due to lack of interest... Take Care

Last edited:

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone play Ingress with this phone? How's the battery life with it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Ingress will impact it b/c it is screen and gps but to you can play a lot and still get over a day of battery life.

This will be the best device for Ingress by far.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I kept my screen off for seven hours. I left on Bluetooth, wifi (though I was outside in a 3G recreation area) and all my location services. The battery drained just seven percent during that time. This is a very sweet battery.

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Not me. Having some issues with my MAXX battery i think. Maybe i got one of the bad batch batteries?

Case in point, had my phone on for about an hour and a half, 23 min screen time on and i'm already at 89%. On my Galaxy Note 2 ... same usage, i would average about 2% loss... Maybe i was spoiled with the GN2? Not sure, but I'm having buyers remorse.

Yesterday it was on for 16 hours, less than an hour of screen on time, and when i went to bed the battery was at 15%. Sigh.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not me. Having some issues with my MAXX battery i think. Maybe i got one of the bad batch batteries?

Case in point, had my phone on for about an hour and a half, 23 min screen time on and i'm already at 89%. On my Galaxy Note 2 ... same usage, i would average about 2% loss... Maybe i was spoiled with the GN2? Not sure, but I'm having buyers remorse.

Yesterday it was on for 16 hours, less than an hour of screen on time, and when i went to bed the battery was at 15%. Sigh.

You need to check for any rogue applications. Do you have GPS or any applications automatically updating? How much talk time? The Galaxy Note II has great battery life but it can't hold up to the Droid Maxx. I switched from a Note II so I've had some experience with this.

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so. I even did a factory reset on this thing 2 times over the past 2 weeks to see if that is what was going on. I'm at 82% now... sad. my work iphone is at 99% and i unplugged them at the same time. I just tried to explain this to verizon and they are saying that it's only "potential 48 hour battery life" at this rate it will be dead by 3 or 4pm.

I feel like i should be able to leave everything running on this thing, GPS, Bluetooth, all the radio's, have the screen brightness to 100% and have widgets galore and still make it over 24 hours. Is that too much to ask out of a 3500 battery?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. I even did a factory reset on this thing 2 times over the past 2 weeks to see if that is what was going on. I'm at 82% now... sad. my work iphone is at 99% and i unplugged them at the same time. I just tried to explain this to verizon and they are saying that it's only "potential 48 hour battery life" at this rate it will be dead by 3 or 4pm.

I feel like i should be able to leave everything running on this thing, GPS, Bluetooth, all the radio's, have the screen brightness to 100% and have widgets galore and still make it over 24 hours. Is that too much to ask out of a 3500 battery?

Do you have all of that on and 100% brightness? Or is this just an example?

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
screen at 100% is just not practical.. I leave mine on auto .. LTE 100% no WiFi and I got 52 hours only 2 hour screen time so I was very very light use.. when I go hard its always 6+ screen always 24+ hours off charge

Posted via The Maxx

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
@Bobby, I am inclined to agree with the above post. Cutting the brightness down to 75%, and turning off the GPS might save considerably on the battery. GPS will always be working, because Maps is always running in the background.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

How strong is your signal?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc