A Wishlist for Future Features/Additions.

Morfie

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I see we already have a bug thread, but I'd like to start a thread with reasonable features/options that would be nice to have on this phone that either don't exist or were on other phones I've had. Note: This is NOT a thread for bugs. This is a wishlist. Please keep it sensible and on-topic.

1) Option(s) to dim or even turn off the three "Back, Home, Recent Apps" buttons at the bottom. (Case in point, they stay on while watching anything on the Youtube App, and it's really annoying and hard on the eyes, particularly in a dark room.)

2) A way to link Notification and Ringer volumes. (Every other phone I've owned had a checkbox to make this an option to those who would like it, I don't see why this was removed at all.)

3) A toggle to hide/show contacts without phone numbers in the contacts list. (I think this one is self explanatory, and it's a feature I dearly miss from previous phones).

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to choose which notification to open with a swipe up on active notifications if there are multiple, rather than the last one received, or at least have a priority setting that sets any messaging or missed call notifications to always be there even if a newer, lower priority notification comes in.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Well I've had this phone since release, and came from the RAZR MAXX HD, also from release...
I really only have 3 wishes, but they would make the phone absolutely PERFECT for me...

My big 3...

1) Need a dark theme for stock text messaging app. AND contacts app. This is a really annoying one for me. Why in the world would they make the background white as default??? Everyone knows light screens waste battery, (not that the MAXX has to worry), and dark themes look much better. Dark themes should always be default, white should be an option.
I know, I know...you can get 3rd party apps that do it, but I want my stock apps, they run better... and the less crap, the better... My RAZR MAXX HD are dark...just sayin'...
2) I REALLY, REALLY miss the big bright notification LED on the MAXX HD... I love the active notifications on the MAXX, but it still would benefit from an additional led light. There is a small LED in the upper left, by the light sensor, that is used for a low battery notification...I would love to be able to tie that in to all notifications...OR, have an option to use the camera flash...you know, like those crappy fruit phones...
and...
3) BRING BACK SPEED DIAL!!!!!!! 'nuff said...

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I disagree also. I prefer the white background. However why couldn't you have a choice? Make it a selectable option.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming we're talking wish list for feasible software updates for this model, not new features in a future model? That assumed...

- Fix Square payment reader (Motorola has already said they will, but it's still a big thing I'm waiting for)
- Keep Android as close to stock as possible. In fact, give an option to remove pre-installed apps.
- Customization of "Ok Google Now" voice activation phrase. (I know it's somewhat possible to trick it into other similar sounding phrases, but I'd like full custom.)
- Get rid of volume warning message when turning up volume (this is an Android update, but still something I want, especially when connected via Bluetooth, where I generally want the volume full on the phone, and then I control volume at the bluetooth device.)
- Continue streamlining & optimization of software to avoid bloat slowing things down
- Make the voice command "Ok Google Now" screen make some kind of small noise to affirm that it is listening, which would allow for confident eyes-free operation as well as hands-free.

Casen

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
-Use one finger to pull down the toggle shade by simply pulling on the right side of the phone. The left side will still bring down notification.
-Add toggles; WiFi tether on/off, GPS and Sound State (toggle between Ringer on, vibrate only and silent mode)(screw the power button way to get there)
-Get rid of the wireless display and signal toggles.
-Dim or turn off capacitative lights.
-Enable the Motorola Skip to work on the DROID line.
-Dark option for basically everything.. I work outside at night. Bright white screens suck ***.

And for the love of god, something I have been asking for since 2010 with my DROID X, give me the ability to mute an ongoing notification SOUND by pressing any of the hard keys. You can mute your phone ringtone this way, why the hell can you not do it during a text or email ringtone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
2) A way to link Notification and Ringer volumes. (Every other phone I've owned had a checkbox to make this an option to those who would like it, I don't see why this was removed at all.)

So, the Ringer and Notification volumes are NOT linked by default? I thought that was a "feature" of Android 4.0 and above? Anyway, it should be your choice, but at night, I want ringer up and everything else silent. I'm tired of the various "work-around" apps that seem to work sometimes and sometimes not.

If all goes as planned, I will get a MAXX at the first of next month. Still debating on full retail or giving up unlimited data...

jrowe

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Can the default texting app support personalized notifications yet? That's the #1 reason I install 3rd party sms apps. I want some texts to be different sounds, and other to just be plain silent.

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
What about the most important addition or should I say subtraction...
Lower the price to match the competitions top of the line phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown