Just moved from Gnex...where is this autofill data from?

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from a gnex to a Maxx and now I am getting all this prefill data that I can't change or better yet...DELETE!
This data never came up when I was filling out forms or making calendar entries in my gnex. I don't want my maxx to remember everything I type...awkward!

I'm using SwiftKey.

As the image shows...I have entered the letters Fi and the autofill choices pop up.

Screenshot_2013-09-20-16-30-50.png

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from a gnex to a Maxx and now I am getting all this prefill data that I can't change or better yet...DELETE!
This data never came up when I was filling out forms or making calendar entries in my gnex. I don't want my maxx to remember everything I type...awkward!

I'm using SwiftKey.

I think that's not swiftkey - that's Google auto-complete, probably based on previous searches that you've done.

You can try going into settings->Google (under accounts) ->search (under privacy) and turn off web history and personal results and see if that fixes it.

Swiftkey does suggest items based on previous entries - one of its key features - but you would see that in autocomplete row just above the keyboard. Any of those that you don't want swiftkey to remember you can long-press to have it forget. Or you can go into settings->language and input, tap the gear next to swiftkey, tap advanced, and clear data on this device to get rid of everything saved.

andrewh

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

I'm using SwiftKey.

As the image shows...I have entered the letters Fi and the autofill choices pop up.

I actually disabled the stock calendar app and downloaded google calendar. I re-enabled the stock one after seeing this and I 100% believe it's pulling previous event names(on mine at least) from google calendar. After typing a few different set of keywords, my results matched old events (and scheduled ones). These are previous meetings I've had:

2013-09-20 19.53.10.png

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I disabled web history and personal results...No change.

I don't know why my gnex didn't do this...some of this data is from when I had my gnex. I know it's from google...I just can't find what to diable to make it stop!

I just disabled the stock calendar and went back to google calendar...problem solved.

andrewh

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
How do you "enable" the stock calendar after disabling it? My stock calendar has disappeared...

I'm pretty sure it's a motorola/verizon specific feature in that it searches all events that exist(ed) in google calendar. Nothing to do with the gnex. There are no settings to disable the search, but inside of the app you can "clear history".

Re-enabling the app:
settings->apps-> tab over to all, scroll to the bottom of the list, find "calendar", tap and enable.

disabling the app also removes the widget. If you added the google calendar app from the play store, you will have to add that widget! Two separate things.

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Now that I have disabled the stock calendar and been using the google calendar as I had been on my gnex...I have discovered that the google calendar is not saving any default settings that I hace changed. Any time a power off/on the phone ...google calendar settings revert back to stock...default reminder time "10 minutes" and default view "week" . I like my settings at "0" and "agenda. No luck...I even had Motorola tech support try to fix the issue...no help.

It seems ridiculous that I either have to live with my google calendar settings reverting back to stock or use the stock calendar and having to deal with it remembering "previous" events

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34