I presently have unlimited data, so overages is not a concern. However, when I had my Droid Razr Maxx, I never went over 1GB of data as I am mostly on Wi-Fi. Nothing has changed since I got the Droid Maxx, same usage, I already exceeded 2GB and still have 6 days left in my billing period. Anyone else experience their data going up with this phone?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-23-2013 09:33 PM
    I presently have unlimited data, so overages is not a concern. However, when I had my Droid Razr Maxx, I never went over 1GB of data as I am mostly on Wi-Fi. Nothing has changed since I got the Droid Maxx, same usage, I already exceeded 2GB and still have 6 days left in my billing period. Anyone else experience their data going up with this phone?

Posted via Android Central App
    Did you download a lot of content when you set up your phone over the network, or is it steady use? I have noticed it is not unusual to use more battery and data for the first month or so with a new device. You play with it a lot more, whether that means getting new apps, reading or streaming.
    Joe378 likes this.
    09-23-2013 10:12 PM
    Along the lines of the previous poster - if you setup Google+ and synched your contacts, calendar, photos, music over 4G then that will do it. The Verizon rep I got mine from handed me the phone with a Google sign on waiting and was bragging about how it would auto sync. Nice feature, don't use it outside of WiFi, at least not for media.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
    Joe378 likes this.
    09-23-2013 10:28 PM
    When I set the phone up in the store, a lot of content did download on the device, so this could be it, which I should have realized. I don't use Google + and am mostly connected to WiFi. I will see if the usage drops when my 2nd month starts.
    09-24-2013 08:32 AM
    When I set the phone up in the store, a lot of content did download on the device, so this could be it, which I should have realized. I don't use Google + and am mostly connected to WiFi. I will see if the usage drops when my 2nd month starts.
    Take a look at your data usage graph to confirm. You should see a steep spike day one and a leveling off since.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
    andrewh likes this.
    09-24-2013 08:38 AM