another battery post

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Uh, no. That was last night. When I airplaned around 7, I was 37%. This morning at 8, 18%. I don't know why I'd lose that much, either. But with airplane on both nights, I just went 48 hours before charging. Half airplane, well, a bit less than half, the rest live on everything.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Uh, no. That was last night. When I airplaned around 7, I was 37%. This morning at 8, 18%. I don't know why I'd lose that much, either. But with airplane on both nights, I just went 48 hours before charging. Half airplane, well, a bit less than half, the rest live on everything.

There was obviously a rogue application running that was eating the battery up. Even in Airplane mode this can happen and you need to track that down.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
When I click on battery info from settings, nothing weird. I have turned battery saver ON for whatever that does. Haven't read anything about it, just figured it couldn't hurt. Anything else I should look for?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When I click on battery info from settings, nothing weird. I have turned battery saver ON for whatever that does. Haven't read anything about it, just figured it couldn't hurt. Anything else I should look for?

There are plenty of apps that tell you rogue applications but I'm not a fan myself. I'll have to check when I get home what they are. GSAM Battery Monitor does a good job giving percentages used by what applications and such too as you can see here. Try and monitor your usage and see if you find it. Did the main battery settings say the Kernal was using a lot?
samepesa.jpg

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Nope. No Kernel. Most all of it is screen and Android OS. Not much you can do about the OS! But when the screen is off far more than on...crazy how much that consumes. We'll see how it goes for another week or so, then maybe your AppSucker is a good idea.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Nah, figure if I keep away from the heroin it won't become addicted like my Razr. And then I get co-dependent, and it's hell from there on.

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just did a hard reset. Plan to see how the idle drain is tonight on wifi without installing any apps and with everything off. I was previously getting about 1%/hr no matter what I did (active notifications on/off, always listening on/off, location on/off, etc...).

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I got basically the same results as a typical night before the hard reset.
0.8%/hr

The weird thing is that I tried it out for 4 hours connected to LTE and I got 1%/hr. I wonder if the dmaxx doesn't like my router?
Tonight I'm going to try data off and wifi off
ejamy4et.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Moto Assist is the new version of smart actions, basically. It will speak text msgs to you when in the car, etc.

How much drain are you getting overnight? 5% over 8 hours as you described is very low. I was told that 1%/hr is normal idle drain for this phone but I think that's too high.

Sent from my XT1080

I actually charge my phone overnight, so I am not quite sure. I am not kidding, however, when I saw that I sometimes will only drain 1-2% TOTAL in 8 hours if I am not using the phone (I guess this is a good comparison to overnight). I have left the phone off the charger and on airplane mode a couple of nights and only saw 1% drain in those 8 hours. I am not sure what you guys have running in the background, but I haven't really disabled anything and my phone has fantastic idle battery life. If you're seeing 20% drain overnight with this phone, something is wrong.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Time to start the search for answers. Lost 19% overnight again, in airplane mode! Crazy. Now switching Battery Saver to Off, see what happens. I've installed apps slowly this time, trying to wean out things I don't use much. I guess I'd like to hear your faves for finding those rogue apps that suck life all the time....

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Time to start the search for answers. Lost 19% overnight again, in airplane mode! Crazy. Now switching Battery Saver to Off, see what happens. I've installed apps slowly this time, trying to wean out things I don't use much. I guess I'd like to hear your faves for finding those rogue apps that suck life all the time....

Something is definitely wrong... Or are you sleeping for 19 hours straight? Lol

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Wakelock detector is a good one and free. Check your % awake after idling overnight. Should be very low. Look for apps with high time awake, not necessarily lots of attempts to wake the phone.

I tried sleeping with data off and wifi off, with location services off but had a nlp wake lock keep the phone awake. Maybe you have a similar issue by putting the phone in airplane.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Off charger Friday at 630am and just now put on charger. Was hoping for 9 hours screen time, lol

1381613567891.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1381613597165.jpg
    1381613597165.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 1381613606710.jpg
    1381613606710.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 32

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
i was told on another thread that battery should not be drained lower than 10% for some reason.

It causes the lithium polymer to degrade which lowers the battery capacity over time. I try to make sure mine does not get under 20% as much as possible. I don't think it is a big deal here and there but you don't want to make a habit of it.

This is different from the old NiCd batteries which needed to be fully discharged from time to time to maximize life.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams