Droid MAXX: Quality of music over Bluetooth is poor...

tysdroid17

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

I love my MAXX, but one thing that is driving me crazy is the crackly audio over bluetooth when I play music in my car and on my Jambox. I have disable the Equalizer effects, and played with other settings, but had no luck. Anyone else seeing this? Very frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgayol

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Quality of music over Bluetooth is poor...

I play audio back via bluetooth in my car and it's clean and clear. Not sure what would be causing the crackling, but that's not an issue I've had with my device...

tysdroid17

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

The quality is OK sometimes, but for trebly parts and for busy parts of songs, there is distinct crackly or staticy noise. Anyone else?

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I've only noticed a problem when I tested with Google Music in my car. That was with the paid service though and everything else sounds great. I also noticed a slight static on normal headphones so I think its Google.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I have played both thru aux with cable and thru Bluetooth In my Honda and both are perfect. Best sound from a phone I've had

Mikeysvt02

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm having the exact same issue. For the most part it sounds okay but the highs get a static crackling sound. It's very annoying. The aux cable works just fine. Only on bluetooth I hear it. Strangest part is that my wife's galaxy s3 doesn't do it at all. Sounds perfect over bluetooth. We both use Google play music all access.

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

Having the same issue.

Voice over Bluetooth is also poor.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Having the same issue.

Voice over Bluetooth is also poor.

Voice over Bluetooth is poor? I've used a headset and my car (2012 Acura TSX) and its clear as can be.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

2013 Ford Explorer and everything sounds clear using Bluetooth. Using Google Play for music.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

Voice over Bluetooth is poor? I've used a headset and my car (2012 Acura TSX) and its clear as can be.

Using my Maxx in my 2012 mdx (same bluetooth system as the tsx) with poor results. Constant disconnects, poor sound quality, etc. There is a thread at the moto forum about the Maxx and bluetooth. It is inconsistent and difficult to reproduce.

Have had good success in other cars.

Streaming music in the MDX has not been great.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Using my Maxx in my 2012 mdx (same bluetooth system as the tsx) with poor results. Constant disconnects, poor sound quality, etc. There is a thread at the moto forum about the Maxx and bluetooth. It is inconsistent and difficult to reproduce.

Have had good success in other cars.

Streaming music in the MDX has not been great.

I noticed static on the Google Music application but as I said Bluetooth conversations have worked well. I have had one issue where it wouldn't connect and I had to sync it back up. Only happened once so I haven't been too concerned. I hope they settle this soon though. Nice to meet another Acura driver! :)

Casen

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

I know my audio isn't perfect through Bluetooth, but I'm biased because I'm a slight audiophile.

However, I cannot even get Bluetooth streaming to work in my dodge caliber

Sent from my DROID MAXX via Tapatalk 4.

Mikeysvt02

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Well, got an update for Google play music today. When I went in the car tonight, and streamed music through bluetooth like usual, I noticed something. No more static and crackling noise on the highs. Music sounded really good. Finally full sound with no annoying interference. Thank God. Hope I don't jinx it by posting this here lol

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Well, got an update for Google play music today. When I went in the car tonight, and streamed music through bluetooth like usual, I noticed something. No more static and crackling noise on the highs. Music sounded really good. Finally full sound with no annoying interference. Thank God. Hope I don't jinx it by posting this here lol

My Google Play along with SiriusXM both sound horrible over Bluetooth. This goes for in my car and headsets. I haven't tested music from local device storage but its quite annoying to have static.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

My Google Play along with SiriusXM both sound horrible over Bluetooth. This goes for in my car and headsets. I haven't tested music from local device storage but its quite annoying to have static.

I finally bought a car that has BT and I am amazed at how seamlessly the maxx works with my car. Both telephone and Google play music sound great to me, and Play music picks up right where it left off when I got out of the car. It surprised me the first time because I did not expect it.

What is the chief complaint the the audio over Bluetooth? Is it a lower quality sound? If so I am thankful that I cannot tell the difference. I have not experienced static for wireless music yet. I did on my corded headphones day 1, but not since then.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I finally bought a car that has BT and I am amazed at how seamlessly the maxx works with my car. Both telephone and Google play music sound great to me, and Play music picks up right where it left off when I got out of the car. It surprised me the first time because I did not expect it.

What is the chief complaint the the audio over Bluetooth? Is it a lower quality sound? If so I am thankful that I cannot tell the difference. I have not experienced static for wireless music yet. I did on my corded headphones day 1, but not since then.

There is a faint static sound in the background for many of us. I hear it on all Bluetooth devices. Only during music though.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

There is a faint static sound in the background for many of us. I hear it on all Bluetooth devices. Only during music though.

I noticed my connection strength dipped yesterday and there was some faint static for a couple songs. Not sure what caused my connection to dip. I will have to look into that today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance