3rd-party sms apps

damnyankees

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm testing out the popular sms apps out there - Chomp, Go, Handcent - and I can't seem to get them to vibrate on notification, unless my phone is set on vibrate, which I don't want it to be. Am I being a moron and missing some setting somewhere? Anyone else experiencing this? As far as I can tell, I've got everything set properly in the app's settings (i.e. always vibrate). Any other sms apps I might have better luck with?

It's not a huge deal, I don't mind the stock messaging app. But I really like (and miss) the quick reply pop-up windows that these other apps offer (along with all the other customizations they offer).

Thanks in advance.

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Handcent seems to work fine with me. I also was a huge fan of the quick reply popup with all my previous phones, but I actually decided to disable it on my droid maxx. I have come to love the stock notification system on the new Motorola's and hated how if I used it from the lock screen that it didn't dismiss the popup from handcent.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I've tried all the popular ones as well as ninja and textra. They always leave something to be desired.

Posted via Android Central App