The microphone just died

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday the mic worked just fine as I made a few phone calls. Today, nada. I tried to use touchless controls but it wouldn't respond. Every call I received no one could hear me. Voice search wasn't working. Tried a factory reset, its dead jim. Phone was never dropped, exposed to extreme temperatures or humid conditions. Honestly, this phone was babied as much as could be. With all the talk about quality issues on the moto x, I'm concerned.

Now I get a refurb, hooray.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No one can hear you at all? If that's the case and a factory reset didn't solve it you'll need to call for a warranty replacement.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Not good at all. If I were you I'd already be on my way to the Verizon store. That's a new phone, they may just swap it out for you w/out much ado.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not good at all. If I were you I'd already be on my way to the Verizon store. That's a new phone, they may just swap it out for you w/out much ado.

Good point.

Are you within 14 days of purchase? If so take it to the store. If not then you need to call Verizon. Most replacements at this point would most likely be new anyways according to what I've been told before. Its when months go by that their refurbished.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
i am on my 30th day. so annoying not being able to make a call. im thinking the chat guy ordered me a razr maxx, so im heading to the store to find out, and if they did - demand another phone.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i am on my 30th day. so annoying not being able to make a call. im thinking the chat guy ordered me a razr maxx, so im heading to the store to find out, and if they did - demand another phone.

I had to get a Droid razr HD Maxx replacement and they sent me a RAZR Maxx. I was so annoyed but they sent another one out.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Update: They ordered me the right phone but with economy shipping. So I had them cancel it prior to shipment and tomorrow, when the order clears out, I can walk into a VZW store and pick up a new one. They were pretty cool about everything, maybe it was the fake time sensitive story I gave them about closing on a house in three days and need a working phone.

On another note, it would be cool if I could double dip on Google All Access under a different account.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Update: They ordered me the right phone but with economy shipping. So I had them cancel it prior to shipment and tomorrow, when the order clears out, I can walk into a VZW store and pick up a new one. They were pretty cool about everything, maybe it was the fake time sensitive story I gave them about closing on a house in three days and need a working phone.

On another note, it would be cool if I could double dip on Google All Access under a different account.

Did they contact the store and notate the account? I've found stores don't always offer what CS says they will.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
The store rep wasn't very helpful and told me I could try calling for a different outcome. So I made the phone call using a Droid Mini on display and the phone rep actually made the suggestion. I talked to a different store rep and it was all cake from there. I made sure they notated the account and even watched them do it.

Also talked a customer into buying the maxx over the iPhone. Score. As I over heard the sales guys conversation I had to inform him that the Ultra has 16gb less. He said "I just learned something new from you". I told him it happens every time I walk into the store.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Terrible the mic went bad so quickly. I wonder with all the gaps these phones have what the long term effects would be.
I'm glad you talked the customer into android over the iphone! Great job!

What most people don't know is the 32 or 16 GB configurations have different amounts of system memory usage. The droid ultra 16gb uses less memory fur the software than the droid maxx. Look at the specs on verizon and you'll see. I wonder why that is? Either way I'm still content with the 25.xgb that's available.

Hopefully you get your replacement up and running and can post more beautiful pictures!

Sent from my XT1080m using AC Forums mobile app.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
FINAL UPDATE

Verizon swapped my broken maxx for a new maxx in the store. They were giving me a funny look for upgrading to the maxx under a different line and then transferring it to my line(keep unlimited), but it was a pretty painless process. Just installed a screen protector and am charging the phone to 100% before use.

Also, for the first time I met a verizon store employee who knew anything about phones. I had my themerapp homescreen and he was asking me all sorts of questions about it like if I rooted it etc. He was also a maxx owner.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I keep having intermittent complaints that they can't hear me on the other end. Hope mine isn't going out and it's something else!

Sent from my XT1080m using AC Forums mobile app.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I'd try to swap it out at a Verizon store. They never even asked to test my phone for broken mic.

Posted via Android Central App

reggier14

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
This just happened to me today. The mic died without warning. It worked fine earlier in the day, then just stopped working completely.

Unfortunately, Verizon was pretty terrible about dealing with it. They won't replace phones in-store after 14 days.

Alcarnor14

May 19, 2011
Visit site
This (dying microphone) happened to mine last month. The store ordered a replacement for me. The headphone jack still worked, though.

No trouble with the replacement, either.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000