Gnex to droid maxx screen

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
How is the screen compared to the gnex? I know there the same resolution but the droid maxx is 18+ months newer. I like the screen on the gnex but when automatic brightness was on it seemed kinda dull and not bright enough. Anyone go from that phone to the maxx who can let me know what you think. Thanks

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the two side-by-side right now with brightness set to max. The MAXX is brighter & has better whites. The two phones are very similar size, but the MAXX has a larger screen (smaller bezel space).

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Former gnex user.... Screen is better in every condition except in direct sunlight.

Posted via Android Central App

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I came from the GNex and I find the Maxx screen much better. It is brighter and the whites are greatly improved over the GNex.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Gnex screen was always too yellow for me. Even rooting it and using apps, I could not make it right. I always made it too blue to compensate for the yellow. The Maxx is much better.

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I went through 4 Gnex phones before retiring mine and they all had vertical banding that was more noticeable at low brightness levels.
No such banding on the Maxx and everything just looks cleaner, brighter and sharper.

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
No banding, looks much clearer, more accurate colors. I find it easier to see in direct sunlight and overall brighter. Significant improvement to the Gnex screen.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Love love loved by gnex. Longest I ever endured the same model. Asurion sent me a replacement and it had banding issues.

I went to the razr maxx hd for 6 months.

I definitely know the speed of the droid maxx is vastly superior to the nexus. The interface of the maxx should be fairy comfortable for anyone considering upgrading.

And geez, No need to carry 4 batteries in your pocket anymore.

But, the gnex felt ahead of its time. I will never forget summer of 2012 having jelly bean a year before many people. It was so cool. Google io 2012 was so awesome to watch even.

Wonder what changes kitkat will bring? And how long us maxx users will be stuck waiting!

Sent from my XT1080m using AC Forums mobile app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800