Really high Android OS CPU usage?

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have really hight Android OS cpu usage? My phone is at 55% right now after 22h uptime, but android OS has used about 2 hours of CPU and kept the phone awake for 30 min....just seems off compared to my old S3.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Yes! I think that's what's hurting my battery time. One poster this morning noted that he was at 10% for Android. I'm at 25% and am nearly always there. What gives? Mine's been off charge for nearly two days, and it shows over 2 hours, which isn't much...

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Shows 1 hr and a few minutes...what's been bugging me is that at night, I go to Airplane mode, so everything should be shut down and I'll still lose 15% overnight. For nuttin'. And that's not much different than I lose during the same time during the day when everything is on!

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
What OS version are you guys on? I noticed my Android OS was running high after 4.3 update. A lot of people have been complaining about it on the Note 3.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3 now Free

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have really hight Android OS cpu usage?

Yes, Android OS is always my highest % in the battery list. But, I am syncing four Google accounts, plus have Plume streaming twitter in the background, plus a few other apps looking for notifications, and Google Now set to watch my locations, etc. If my battery were really a problem, I might consider altering some of those things.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Ah, I get you. Well, your moniker is good, you were Ms Ndrstood. So it's not the phone, then. That does help.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 4 and both nexus 7 (2012 + 2013) have high android os percentage. Its something intrinsic to the system.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i also see this on my old razr maxx. the screen time and android os are often neck and neck as far as battery usage. i was hoping this was different in the new ones.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, my Android OS is only at 16% compared to my screen usage of 47% This is at 13.5 hours of uptime with 49% battery left.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
In the past, some OEM's group stats together and throw them under Android OS in battery stats. For example, my brother's G2 shows Google Services as being higher than Android OS. Most of our Android OS usage on the Maxx should rather be under Google Services, but that is just how it is displayed. It may or may not be fixed in the next update. One of the updates for the GN fixed it. I don't think that there is anything that we can do to reduce this from taking up most of the battery besides use our phone less. But, the main reason why I bought the Maxx and love it is that I have the battery life to sync everything that I want to and have GPS, Bluetooth, and WiFi on all the time.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
OK... I think a lot of folks are really having some serious misconceptions about the OS usage and the battery stats. So I'm hoping this will give everyone an understanding of why, especially on the droid devices, the OS is so high.

First, the stat itself is misleading. If you go deeper, the central reason why the OS usage is high is because of the kernel. In other words, how the android os interacts with the CPU.

Now why is it higher, that's relatively simple... X8 is for 8 cores but one core is always listening. Touch less control has a dedicated core and it is very low powered.

Hope this answers this question.

unybesym.jpg

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

GMasonDragonDad

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I turned off touch less control. Still at 70% deep sleep with everything turned off except 4G. Drains about 1.5% per hour even when I don't touch it for 8 hours. I have seen my wife's iPhone at 85% after 24 hours off the charger.

Sent from Droid Maxx

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae