Consumer reports recommends the new droids over the new iPhone's

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not that I would ever listen to Consumer Reports but glad to see even they turned a corner.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Ah, right. I rarely use CR (I borrow a family members' account when I do), and certainly don't use it as a buying guide :). Although I know quite a few people who do. Anyway, this should help out:

View attachment 86993
View attachment 86996

I will have to jump on and read the article. From looking at the chart, they devices show very little difference. I would also say that is a pretty fair assessment.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Ummm you did actually read the article, right? "If it was us, we would probably recommend the Moto X instead of the DROIDs"

Posted via Android Central App

Nothing like going through an article and picking out 1/3 of 1 sentence and using that to put down a phone. Good job, you'll be a pro at this in no time.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I posted this on the Verge forums and suggested David Pierce take a look.

It was promptly deleted and I was issued a warning.

I wonder if Apple signs their checks or issues it through a shell company.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I posted this on the Verge forums and suggested David Pierce take a look.

It was promptly deleted and I was issued a warning.

I wonder if Apple signs their checks or issues it through a shell company.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Just goes to show why no one should waste their time on their forums or reading their articles.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Ummm you did actually read the article, right? "If it was us, we would probably recommend the Moto X instead of the DROIDs"

Dude you really have nothing better to do? I was referring to the consumer report article. Since I can't post that here, I linked to an article that told everybody about the consumer report take.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
All things considered (and lets be honest if you are on a forum discussing phones you've considered all things) Maxx is best for me. That's what I knew before Consumer Reports came out and even if the article didn't come out like this I still would believe it. Looking at their rankings though with the S4 only a point over the Maxx, I would say that I would agree with that but what put the Maxx over the S4 for me was the battery life and signal strength.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
All things considered (and lets be honest if you are on a forum discussing phones you've considered all things) Maxx is best for me. That's what I knew before Consumer Reports came out and even if the article didn't come out like this I still would believe it. Looking at their rankings though with the S4 only a point over the Maxx, I would say that I would agree with that but what put the Maxx over the S4 for me was the battery life and signal strength.

Agreed.

What makes the recognition interesting is the write up. It shows that Moto has been successful in creating a broad based consumer phone that also appeals to techies.

Since I really like the feature set, I want the phone to do well to spur future investment. Always listening and active notifications will be hard to leave.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

rjfarrow

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I have always been told that when you hear/see a "but" in the middle of a sentence you can just forget everything that preceded it. To finish your Droid Life quote, they go on to say, "...but since battery life is such a major player in these ratings, it makes sense that they went with the ULTRA and MAXX." (emphasis mine)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36