droid maxx price on vz website $499 wtf

Douglas Griffis

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just logged in there a few minutes ago myself...
199 on contract, 20 a month on EDGE.
All the prices appeared to have gone down.

the G2 is listed at 149 on contract. The Droid Ultra is 99 on contract.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. Just added a second Maxx onto my account 10 days ago. I am going to get $100 back from Verizon since I am still within 14 days.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon. I was told I have to go back to a store since it was purchased at a store and I would get $100 credit. The rep told me it was up to 30 days. I won't be able to get it on my phone since I am beyond 30 days but I can on his phone.

redddog

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Seriously?!

I talked to them on the phone and they said even 1 day out of the 14 day and you're screwed. I bought the first one on the 20th from a store. I wonder if I should call them. Thisis what pisses me off about Verizon. The policy changes from one person to the next.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Seriously?!

I talked to them on the phone and they said even 1 day out of the 14 day and you're screwed. I bought the first one on the 20th from a store. I wonder if I should call them. Thisis what pisses me off about Verizon. The policy changes from one person to the next.

I totally agree with you and I don't trust them either, so I am getting in there within the 14 days.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just got the credit too. I purchased all three (Maxx, Ultra, and Mini) in the last 3 weeks(was outside the 14 day window on all three), was told I qualified for the 30-day price guarantee. Not sure what about me qualifies, maybe my State(michigan) has a mandate, not sure. I did purchase from company store, not a franchise. Anyway $250 credit is handy.

Sorry Redddog, saw your post over on the moto site too. That is frustrating.

redddog

May 2, 2012
Visit site
No problem DJ.

Just talked to the Verizon Company store where I bought mine. Same crap. Ain't NO WAY. Same story. I told him I wanted to use my 30 day window to get a credit to my account and that the 800 number told me that I couldn't outside of the 14 day window. He said "well that's not right. Geez the people you get on the phone." Put me on hold, came back and said beat it. Can't help yuou outside of 14 days. When I asked about the crap he was spewing before, he said "oh, it's 30 days for business accts. Not personal accts. everyone I've talked to has called anyone who DID get a credit a liar. Not a paraphrase.

Whatever. I'm done begging 23 year old dropouts for $100. Freaking demeaning.

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I just did and online chat with a sales rep:

You: is there a price guarnatee on new phones?

Jenn: May I ask what you mean?

You: like if the price drops 5 days after you purchase

Jenn: No problem, you do have 7 days to have the sale price "difference" credited back to you.

You: but it has to be within 7 days of purchase

Jenn: Correct.

I am 29 days since activation...

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I would keep trying and try to get another rep on the phone to see if they can do it for you. Too bad I got mine on release... It's quite annoying that they dropped the price after only a couple months. If it was like, 5-6 months later, I'd probably be okay with it, but just two months is a bit too quick.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Verizon announced a price reduction on the three droids today. 199, 99, 49

Posted via Android Central App

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I got our Maxxes (Maxxi? Maxxae?) during the "keep unlimited glitch weekend." I might go check with our rep who sold us the phones, since we are within 30 days, but I would worry about kicking us out of the unlimited data.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I got our Maxxes (Maxxi? Maxxae?) during the "keep unlimited glitch weekend." I might go check with our rep who sold us the phones, since we are within 30 days, but I would worry about kicking us out of the unlimited data.

I think you're pretty safe, as a price adjustment on the phone shouldn't have anything to do with the contract. I would make it clear that you are concerned that it not affect the contract first, though.

KirkGeis

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Just called Verizon. I said I was calling about a credit for the Maxx under the 30 day price guarantee. 5 minutes later the credit was posted to my account. Purchased at a corporate store on 9/19.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

INGrep

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
You got lucky. I called customer service and was told that because I purchased the phone in store that I couldn't get the credit. Even though I got the phone a week ago. Because in store the price is still the same. So they said I could return the phone in store, pay the $35 restocking fee, then order online. That's too much to be without a phone for days.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
You got lucky. I called customer service and was told that because I purchased the phone in store that I couldn't get the credit. Even though I got the phone a week ago. Because in store the price is still the same. So they said I could return the phone in store, pay the $35 restocking fee, then order online. That's too much to be without a phone for days.

Really? So the price in the store is still $299? That stinks. I was just going to go there to buy one. I'll go check anyways.

Something similar happened with my Droid Bionic. They tried to pull the $35 restocking fee thing on me, but in the end I said I didn't want to switch the phone and they gave me the $50 credit.

I would keep checking back every day. They'll eventually drop the price in the store.

spazc

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I went into my store yesterday. They tried to adjust the price ( they were showing 199/499 in store) and the system wouldn't let me them do it yet. They are supposed to give me a call this morning once I've been credited.

INGrep

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully the pricing changes in store this weekend so I can get the credit. I'm well within the 14 day return period.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital