Switching from razr maxx to DROID maxx or G2

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I'm thinking of switching from my old razr maxx to the DROID maxx or the g2. I chose those two because they have the largest batteries. The g2 though was reviewed with "best camera" compared to the DROID 's "bad camera". Though DROID has that nifty touchless control. I can just tell it to play something when I'm driving. Plus larger battery. Still undecided.

Thanks for any input.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would go for the Maxx. The G2 camera will always be superior but there will be an update that addresses the weak camera on the Maxx that makes it far better than before.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I chose the maxx because I preferred the ui on the maxx (which is similar to my old RAZR maxx) over LGs ui.

I also really enjoy active notifications and have little regrets over my decision

Posted via Android Central App

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Maxx camera isn't bad, it's just not as good as G2. I prefer stock android which is why I went with maxx. This is the smoothest android phone I've ever used. No hang ups, very responsive, great quality feeling in hand, active notifications (my favorite thing), and the battery...

I was interested in G2 before the launch event, but after watching it live, I lost complete interest in it.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
see my maxx is also pretty fluid until it comes to the new apps that require much more. i really like motorola phones. haven't had a bad moto phone so that's another reason i am thinking of it. but since camera is my second priority, i am still unsure. the commercials make it look like there will be less shake blur from the g2 and since my hand shakes, i figured it would be a good fit for me.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
nexus will have a very small battery that will make it last 20 seconds. no more nexus for me. bad memories of galaxy nexus.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
If camera has anything to do with it then it should be the G2 hands down! A lot of people like to give the LG UI crap and compare it to Samsung's but that is coming from people that have not used it. I came from a Nexus phone with vanilla android and it took me no time at all to use the G2 's UI, the menu although different is laid out the same as stock and ready to use. The few extra things they do have work very good and add instead of taking away from the UI. If there is something you don't want to use you won't even notice it is there.

Like everybody knows the camera is freaking awesome! The screen is crazy good, sometimes I rather watch it than my 60 inch HDTV at home! The phone is smooth and fast. I considered a MAXX also because of Motorola radios bring the best, but from my experience and what I have read from people that have used both the radios in the G2 are just as good.

I played with the MAXX when it came out and my Brother in Law has one, but when it came down to it for me it was a no brainer to go with the G2. The camera and screen was enough for me but even if those two where the same I think it would still be the G2 for me.

Tapatalk mofo

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
just saw posts where g2 camera focuses slow and that the pictures from maxx and g2 aren't that drastically different. if so, then i'll probably head for maxx.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
just saw posts where g2 camera focuses slow and that the pictures from maxx and g2 aren't that drastically different. if so, then i'll probably head for maxx.

Not true, sometimes it will focus slow in low light and the pictures are not even close. G2 is the best camera right now.

This is a picture I took last night at 2AM and it is against a window, the trees in the background is a reflection.

Of course no flash, the details for the light source is awesome.

Tapatalk mofo

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382094971684.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382094971684.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 34

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The moto camera update drastically improves low light photos. Judging by the quality of the photos, it is on par with the G2 and S4.

Maxx is what I went with. Simply put for major hardware reasons.

1. 3500 mAh battery
2. X8 Architecture.

I can't stress how underrated this architecture really is. It optimizes battery output while maximizing performance with core specific functionality. I never get lag on my Maxx.

Active notifications is a bonus and its like HD TV... Once you experience it, you just can't go back.

Sent from my XT1080M using Tapatalk 4 Pro

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Not true, sometimes it will focus slow in low light and the pictures are not even close. G2 is the best camera right now.

Tapatalk mofo

I think the Sony took that prize. But G2 is still one of the best.