[bug] Volume freaking out when on silent/vibrate.

Charles Az

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had the phone since it launched, and I've been loving it. Starting this morning, whenever I put the phone on vibrate or silent the volume erratically goes up and down, and never stops. As far as I can tell, the phone is actually silent, but the icon in the status bar is constantly flickering as the volume changes, and if I look in the volume settings, I can see the sliders moving back and forth very quickly.

I've tried uninstalling any recent apps or updates, and rebooting several times. Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Charles Az

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset. Only thing I've got. Sorry.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ya, that was the plan after work, but if i have to do a factory reset I want to back everything up and unroot so it's completely back to stock. It's been acting up in general today, I've had above average battery drain and the first sign of lag I've seen on the phone. I had been using Aviate for a few days, but uninstalled it last night, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
i wouldnt go as far as a factory reset, yet. i would imagine a simple restart would fix the issue. if not, then i would consider FR.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
i wouldnt go as far as a factory reset, yet. i would imagine a simple restart would fix the issue. if not, then i would consider FR.

Your right. I assumed that a power down was the first thing he tried. I know I shouldn't assume.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Charles Az

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I have restarted 4 or 5 times today. I'm not really too bothered by doing a factory reset, I just wish I knew what the problem is

Charles Az

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yup. I'm on the stock ROM. Ive had it rooted for a few weeks for a couple apps, but I haven't installed any new root apps recently, and this just started today.

Posted via Android Central App

Charles Az

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, since I last posted in this thread, I wiped the phone, and the problem went away. Fast forward a couple months, and I slam my phone in a car door. Now I have a refurbished phone through insurance and this stupid bug pops up again... My phone is completely stock and I barely have any apps installed. Guess I'll just do a factory reset and see if it comes back, I just don't get why this has happened to me twice, but I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere...