No Notifications after bluetooth disconnect

hemiguy37

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I am experiencing the following: My phone connects with my car via Bluetooth. Everything appears to work. I exit my car, they disconnect and then my notification sounds no longer work.

I have read several of the posts linking the issue to the active notifications sleep setting, so last night I purposely turned this setting OFF and rebooted my phone and made sure all notifications were working. Then in the morning, I again tested the notifications to ensure they were still working.

Once paired to my car, I tested and everything worked. Once disconnected from my car, is when the notifications stopped. Coincidence, maybe? To Fix the issue I had to reboot my phone and then everything worked again. Is anyone else having the exact same experience? Any fix on the way? Love the phone, but I need to get notifications and not miss them. For now I won't use Bluetooth and have it turned off. If it happens again, I will post more

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Strange, what kind of car? My 2012 Acura TSX connects to my phone every day and I never have notification sound issues. I have the Active Notifications sleep at night too.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I am experiencing the following: My phone connects with my car via Bluetooth. Everything appears to work. I exit my car, they disconnect and then my notification sounds no longer work.

When this happens, if you go into settings->sound->volumes, is the notifications volume all the way down? If not, if you change it to something else, then change it back, do they start working?

(I have a BT Kenwood audio deck that I installed in my car. I'm not having any issues like that.)

hemiguy37

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
When this happens, if you go into settings->sound->volumes, is the notifications volume all the way down? If not, if you change it to something else, then change it back, do they start working?

(I have a BT Kenwood audio deck that I installed in my car. I'm not having any issues like that.)

When I check the sounds are on full. I tried it again this afternoon, I had an appointment so I left the Bluetooth off, in the phone itself, on the ride there any checked once I arrived and everything was perfect, notifications worked like a charm. On the way home, I turned the Bluetooth back on and when I arrived I checked and it was not working. I even tried turning Bluetooth off to see if that released anything, and no luck. I did read on another thread, and try this, if I make a call it will fix the issue and the notifications will work again. All I need to do is call a number and let it ring once, and then hang up and the notifications work. Beats me what's going on, really weird.

AndroidRon

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Same exact issue for me. Bluetooth disconnecting kills the notification sounds. VERY frustrating! Hope update comes soon that fixes it!

sshoredoc

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issue, depending on which bluetooth device I was connected to. No issues with my car, but no notifications when I disconnect from some of my bluetooth speakers.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

rideneasy5

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My wifes mini was doing the same thing. We found that it only did it when she had Assist on with talk to me checked in the driving section.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have had two replacement phones because of this issue. Bottom line is that they do this from time to time. It's not hope but they do it. If you want notification sounds to work again you can call out. You don't even have to wait for an answer (I call voicemail) and hang up. You will have sound again. I'm living with this usage because my first replacement was terrible and other than this issue it is a great phone.

Edit: it doesn't matter if you have assist or Bluetooth connected. I have reset all of my phones several times and did not put any third party apps on or activate assist. I could duplicate the issue eventually by using another phone and calling mine. It sometimes took a half hour or so to make the sound go away but it would eventually stop. I talked to Verizon support and they said that there was no report of this issue.

Posted via Android Central App

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I too have the same problem when disconnection from my voyager bluetooth. I have just been powering off the phone and powering it back on. But it's getting old quick.

hemiguy37

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

I have read several of the posts linking the issue to the active notifications sleep setting, so last night I purposely turned this setting OFF and rebooted my phone and made sure all notifications were working. Then in the morning, I again tested the notifications to ensure they were still working.

Once paired to my car, I tested and everything worked. Once disconnected from my car, is when the notifications stopped. Coincidence, maybe? To Fix the issue I had to reboot my phone and then everything worked again. Is anyone else having the exact same experience? Any fix on the way? Love the phone, but I need to get notifications and not miss them. For now I won't use Bluetooth and have it turned off. If it happens again, I will post more

Wanted to post an update, have gone a week with not using Bluetooth, and have not had any notification issues. No loss of notifications or sound. In my instance and experience it is caused by something with the Bluetooth. Hope Moto comes up with a fix soon.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Replaced my phone and I'm noticing this a lot now. I have to call someone to clear the issue. :(

Not the biggest deal but still annoying. Happened yesterday but not today so it isn't consistent.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here with a Bose BT earpiece

I'm also experiencing issues with the notifications volume level automatically going to the far left...No Sound.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Eff! I forgot about this. I made a Bluetooth call last night for the first time. Forgot about this glitch. That's the reason I have not heard any notification sounds today. This plus the static / distorted sound or music when using Bluetooth renders the Bluetooth on this device effing USELESS!

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've talked to Motorola multiple times about these issues and they act like they have never heard of these issues before. They sent me a new phone...same issues!

I switched from my gnex because of crap like this...not happy

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I had to replace my first XT1080M because of a charging issue. Both Droid Maxx phones have/had identical Bluetooth issues.

Motorola does suck in terms of owning their devices problems and fixing faulty phones. I sent my GF's Razr MAXX HD into Motorola to get fixed. They simply factory reset it, sent it back, and the problem was still there. In fact I replicated the problem in the Verizon store. But Motorola acted like "what problem?"

If it weren't for Verizon's protection plan I would not have purchase the Droid Maxx. I can pretty much count on Motorola to do nothing to help me if I had a problem with my phone. And it won't be too long till these other phone manufacturers figure out how to make better or bigger batteries and suddenly the Maxx line isn't so special and Motorola will find our just how quickly I go elsewhere.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I hope this is fixed soon or I'll have to ask Verizon to let me swap for a different device. I really am happy with my phone but I miss so many notifications due to this and its unacceptable. My car has built in Bluetooth so I use it everyday and can't be bothered to fix it each time.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It's really disappointing! I've spent countless hours on the phone with Motorola and VZW and both act as if I'm the only one experiencing these issues.

And I thought my gnex had issues

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It's really disappointing! I've spent countless hours on the phone with Motorola and VZW and both act as if I'm the only one experiencing these issues.

And I thought my gnex had issues

Well, I have the day off from work and I'll be sitting around waiting all morning for an Electrician. Maybe I'll register a ticket with Motorola about the Bluetooth issues just to help pass the time.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have the day off from work and I'll be sitting around waiting all morning for an Electrician. Maybe I'll register a ticket with Motorola about the Bluetooth issues just to help pass the time.

Yeah.... This Bluetooth issue looks to be the most common bug from the update. Hopefully they will patch it.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.... This Bluetooth issue looks to be the most common bug from the update. Hopefully they will patch it.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

What update? I never signed my phone up for the Soak Test so I didn't get an update yet and I experience it.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz