Will it get Kit-Kat?

LlamaGS

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting one, but, AC, do you think the Maxx will get KitKat? It probably won't get 2 updates, but will it get KitKat?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd think it'd be on a similar path as the Moto X, in which case yes and at least 2 years is what they said for the Moto X. Not sure it'll be exactly the same, but they're so similar it'd be easy to keep them near each other.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting one, but, AC, do you think the Maxx will get KitKat? It probably won't get 2 updates, but will it get KitKat?

Yes, I think it will. I do think it will get two OS updates - KitKat and whatever the named update is in 2014. Beyond that, who knows?

But, of course, we are all just guessing. The new Motorola management seems committed to supporting their phones. Verizon also has said that they won't be coming out with new Droids within months of another. Things seems as if they will be getting better.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Maxx will get KitKat. KitKat was announced very early in the life cycle of the device and its plenty powerful to handle it. Its not a matter of if but when. No official word yet but the odds of it coming seem to be almost 100%
Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Punit Soni says 24 month support. Kit Kat is likely.

But I don't know what features Kit Kat has and my phone works fine now.