Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a problem over the last 48 hours with their Maxx showing the GPS icon for extended periods of time. I actually rebooted a couple times to make it stop because no matter which app I killed, it wouldn't go away.

I looked back to see if any apps were updated recently. I happened upon Super Compass from Lantean Studio. I checked that one out in Gsam Battery monitor and it showed 8 hours of GPS (about 8 hours after unplugging the phone today.....so all day). However, that app's overall battery usage was only about 1%. But I also noticed my battery was down to 75% with only about 25 minutes of screen on time today. Usually I get more like an hour of screen on time by the time it hits 75%.

Anyway, I uninstalled the compass.

I see on the phone's battery monitor there was a long solid blue bar all day for the GPS usage, and it cuts right off where the compass app was uninstalled.

I know from my old Galaxy Nexus that sometimes having the GPS on too long will make a phone pretty hot. But my temperature graph on the Maxx shows it never went over 95 degrees today, so I'm hoping like heck there were no negative effects from this.

I know I'm rambling a bit. But I feel like I just stumbled upon this possible solution to my issue, and want to 1) help others who may be trying to solve this, and 2) figure out if there's an explanation other than a bad app update.

Thanks,

Steve
    doogald and xweb10 like this.
    10-30-2013 05:33 PM
    Good job troubleshooting it. Sadly, there are apps out there that just aren't quite coded right, and as good as they may be, things like this make them not worth using.
    10-30-2013 06:03 PM
    I had the GPS icon for a few minutes today with no sign of an app using it. I gave up and rebooted, and it didn't happen again. This is something I haven't noticed before though.

sent from my XT1080M
    11-03-2013 12:08 AM