touchless controls now thinks I'm my wife

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I loaded my wife's Google account on my maxx for calendar sharing purposes. A couple weeks ago, I noticed that when I say "OK Google now" the phone says, for example, "good afternoon, Megan." So suddenly it is looking at the name attached to my wife's Google account and not mine. It didn't do that before. The primary account is definitely mine- it's the one I used when I activated the phone.

Moto support said to delete my wife's account and see if touchless controls display my name again and if it does, add in her account again. I'd rather not do that.

Has anybody else had this issue? It's not really a big deal since the touchless controls are based on my voice, but it's a peculiar issue.

Posted via Android Central App

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Try checking your moto acct id and make sure it's your email. If it doesn't work, try deleting your account and then re-add it.

Why not just add her shared calendar to your phone instead? You don't need her account on your phone to view calendar info.

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Try checking your moto acct id and make sure it's your email. If it doesn't work, try deleting your account and then re-add it.

Why not just add her shared calendar to your phone instead? You don't need her account on your phone to view calendar info.

Moto account ID is set for my Google account, so that's not it.

Other people have said that about the shared calendar but I need her account on the phone in order to use the android pro widgets calendar widget that I like. I don't think it will "find" a shared calendar, but I'll check again.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
cant be too picky when you are using non standard products. you wouldnt have an issue if you just used the stock calendar widget, but we all have our preferences...

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
In the People app, in All Contacts, who is 'ME' set to at the top of the list? I'm not sure if that's it, but it'd be interesting if it thought your wife was 'ME'..

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Got it working. Don't know what changed, but I'm now able to use shared calendars in the calendar widget I like, so I was able to remove my wife's Google account from my phone. Naturally that made touchless controls display my name now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie