Best Camera App for Droid Maxx

Barry Adler

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
After learning that the Nexus 5 will not be available on Verizon, I've decided to buy a Droid Maxx. My concern is the camera, and I see two problems with the camera. First, it shoots stills in 16:9 ratio only, and I almost never want to compose in that ratio. Second, like all Motorola phone cameras, the image quality is not excellent. I'm hoping to solve both of these problems with a camera app. And my question here is judging by image quality alone (megapixel counts don't matter to me), what is the best camera app that will shoot in 4:3 aspect ratio or squarer (such as 1:1)? I've looked up prior threads and seen JB+, Procapture, and Camera Zoom FX mentioned, but it isn't clear whether any of these are better or worse on the question of image quality. Thanks in advance.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I started using Shot Control on my HTC Thunderbolt and have carried it over to my Maxx. I -think- it is giving me better images, but I have only done a couple of pictures with both the stock camera app and Shot Control. I may try to post them later.

Shot Control has a bunch of uneven reviews, but the developer is very responsive, and I have had no issues with it on my Maxx.

Posted from my XT1080M

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance