Square Credit Card Reader and Kit Kat

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if Kit Kat will resolve the Square Credit Card Reader issue?

Posted via Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I haven't seen anything that indicates that it will include the fix, but Moto has said they are working on a fix, so I'm hoping they're just rolling a bunch of fixes together with KitKat.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I own a small business and not being able to swipe cards is a pain. I can still receive funds if I manually type in the info, but takes time and Square charges a little more for manually entered transactions.

It's a shame because this is my only complaint about the DROID Maxx.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I own a small business and not being able to swipe cards is a pain. I can still receive funds if I manually type in the info, but takes time and Square charges a little more for manually entered transactions.

It's a shame because this is my only complaint about the DROID Maxx.

I'm in the same boat, although so far I haven't had a need to take an on-site payment, so all my payments have been done in my shop, where I can use my Nexus 7, which works with Square. I got a paypal here reader that works with the Maxx, but it's too big & awkward to carry with me all the time, so I'm likely to not have it with me when I need it.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
According to the release notes for the soak test, Square reader should start working following this update. I don't have a reader to try it on though.