Not sure why this bugs me, but it really does.

I love being able to use OK Google Now to leave voice reminders using Google Keep. The only problem is that it will accept my information, but not actually 'keep" it unless I press the "set reminder" button on the screen. If I don't pick up the phone for a while, sometime I forget the reminder is there, and if I switch to another function, it seems the reminder is gone, and I have to set it all over again.

So, if we can use our voice to set up a reminder, why isn't there are a way to "set" it using our voice? Or at least have it automatically time out to be set after some time. Am I missing something here, or am I just very, very lazy?
    11-05-2013 09:41 AM
    So, if we can use our voice to set up a reminder, why isn't there are a way to "set" it using our voice? Or at least have it automatically time out to be set after some time. Am I missing something here, or am I just very, very lazy?
    Neither - it does require confirming it with a tap, and it is kind of disappointing. I am glad that it displays it, since the voice recognition isn't 100%, but it would be nice to not have to confirm. Someday... (hopefully)
    11-05-2013 10:26 AM
    thanks, just wanted to be sure I had that right
    11-05-2013 10:34 AM
    thanks, just wanted to be sure I had that right
    Yeah. They either need to rename this One Touch Control or fix that. As it stands, it is absolutely NOT touchless. It seems like an easy fix, though. Texting is disappointing as well. As is the inability to toggle functions like Bluetooth and apps.
    11-05-2013 12:29 PM
    You can at least set it to make a phone call without having to press a button. You can even make it Call on speaker phone by default . It would be nice to add other purely touchless functionality for other apps like texting and reminders but I'm still generally satisfied with the feature as a whole .

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-06-2013 10:04 PM
    They just need to have it listen for "confirm" or something like that. Shouldn't be that difficult.
    RivertonPaul likes this.
    11-07-2013 10:48 AM
    They just need to have it listen for "confirm" or something like that. Shouldn't be that difficult.
    "Yes" or "no." No resets it and yes sends it. I would think that's child's play to program.
    RivertonPaul likes this.
    11-07-2013 12:25 PM