Changing default camera settings

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just got the MAXX today and I'm pretty happy (so far) with it. I've been with the Galaxy line up for some time and decided to try something different. It was between this and the Note 3. Seeing that Moto has all but gotten rid of Blur I went with the MAXX. One question I have is this: Is there a way to change the default image quality settings on the camera for both picture and video? On all Sammy/Touch Wiz phones I'm able to choose the quality I want for each. Now I'm not too worried about picture quality and prefer that to be as best as possible, but there are a ton of times I'd like to send a 20 second or so clip through Whataspp and the file size is just too big. I also note that Whatsapp's compression pretty much makes the video as ugly and useless as can be.
On my S4 I was able to choose between a few preset resolutions for video. Is that possible with the MAXX? What about using some third party video app? Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Again, everything Moto is all new to me.

Thanks.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I use Camera ZOOM Fx as my secondary Camera app. You can change the picture and quality size by clicking the settings menu on the lower left hand corner of the screen. Great app.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'll definitely be giving that a look now. Hope it works.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I use Camera ZOOM Fx as my secondary Camera app. You can change the picture and quality size by clicking the settings menu on the lower left hand corner of the screen. Great app.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to use a 3rd party app.... However, now the camera software is available on the play store and update able, which leads me to believe they are more than capable of adding it without having to do a system update. I would search for the moto camera on the play store and leave a review to add that feature as it is a nice one to have.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21