Droid November Update

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Woke up this morning (5:00 a.m. eastern) to my Maxx downloading the update. Accepted it, and so far, so good. I'll need to shoot a picture in my office later to see if I can do a before/after camera comparison. Got the 50 GB Drive addition, no problem. Not sure I'll use 50 GB, I have been using drive for a couple of years and only have about 1/2 GB used.

First speedtest at home was over 50 MB/s, about 10 faster than previous tests. However, that's an early AM test. Will be more interesting mid morning from work, and to watch Network Monitor Mini numbers as I download stuff going forward.

Had to re-disable NFL Mobile.

AustinAggie

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Update on my phone showed up at about 5am today as well. 50GB google drive worked fine. Haven't tried LTE speed test yet. Camera seems a little better but I have not tried it enough yet to be sure.

I didn't realize this update also allowed the Moto camera app to be updated from Google Play, just like the Moto X.. that's nice. From what I've read the poor camera performance is really all about the SW, so in theory we should get more improvements quickly without waiting on Verizon.

lmdroid

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The worst thing about this update is that it wiped out Maps 6 and you're stuck with Maps 7. You can't uninstall 7 and revert back to 6. I had a large amount of Places saved and now can't access them with Maps 7. Thanks Google. They promised to bring this feature back to Maps in July, but it's looking like a broken promise.

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you have to do anything special for the 50GB Google Drive? Mine is still only showing 15GB after the update

Posted via Android Central App

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Got the OTA this morning. Haven't installed yet. 50gb drive promotion is for all droids.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you have to do anything special for the 50GB Google Drive? Mine is still only showing 15GB after the update

Clear your Google Drive App Data and rerun the app again... It will trigger the promotion.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

On mine, I opened the Drive app, then the three vertical dot menu on the upper right, then took the "Product Tour" and it added my 50 GB.

Posted from my XT1080M

thbrewst

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My download just started. I snapped a few quick pictures around my office so I would have some 1 to 1 comparisons with the same lighting.

jhlinka

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
They fixed the headphone jack!! Now headphones w/ three rings work (i.e. headphones w/ microphones built in; this means Square should also work - don't have one to test it). Also, the annoying thing where the capacitive buttons stay lit while in daydream and other apps is now gone! Very happy with the update.

Another thing. I was rooted via jcase method, and when I accepted the update remained rooted, so that's cool.

cmdr430

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
How long has your update taken to download?

I am not sure when mine started to push, but it is only on 14% since I looked at my phone @ 7:00 am this morning. It is now 10:00 am

cmdr430

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
turned on wifi and download completed in less than 5 mins.

just did a speed test and dowload was horrendous.... On oct 29 download was 25-27 mbs. today 2.5 mbs-3.5 mbs....

Must be their servers pushing all the updates. I hope anyways :(

ms1951

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

What's new:
Google Drive is now preloaded with 50G promotion
Wireless charging UI has been enhanced for better connectivity
4G LTE performance has been improved to support faster connection
Motorola Assist has been improved for better stability
Google Voice Now now returns cards with audible feedback when location setting is enabled
The latest version of NFL? Mobile has been added
Viewdini has been removed as a preloaded application
Device now charges when connected to Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation
Sky Detection has been improved to lighten dynamic scenes
High Dynamic Range (HDR) has been tuned to trigger more frequently
Viewfinder has been improved for more consistent exposure
Automatic White Balance (AWB) has been improved for overall color enhancements

Support for Moto Skip is loaded with the update.