Recent apps button

GMasonDragonDad

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
What exactly does it do when you swipe away an app? I assumed it closed apps but it just seems to remove it from the list. I still have to go to apps in settings to do a force stop.

Sent from Droid Maxx

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What exactly does it do when you swipe away an app? I assumed it closed apps but it just seems to remove it from the list. I still have to go to apps in settings to do a force stop.

Sent from Droid Maxx
It removes it from the RAM. Helpful if your RAM is getting full but if it isn't it's recommended that you don't do it if you're going to be using the app as it restarts when you open it again. It kills the battery more than it helps it :(

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I want my 'close all apps' button back. Not because it helped with anything, it was just fun to watch. One of the few things I miss about my gnex running cm10

Posted via Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It does close apps, but many apps are set up to run background processes, etc, so they will reopen themselves.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It does close apps, but many apps are set up to run background processes, etc, so they will reopen themselves.

What 18t was referring to (I believe) is that many custom roms provide a button that basically swipes all open programs off the screen for you. Instead of having to swipe right on each open app to close them, you press one button and all of the open apps are closed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000