How can i go back to my original software

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm hating every aspect of this soak update that messed up the sensibility of my maxx soft buttons crossing with Google Now & having to tap twice to see recent apps. Is there a way to downgrade my software back to stock? Cause Motorola ain't giving feedback on how to fix it Or if the final update would fix this & WHEN it would be released. Cause I use my phone all day for business matters and the whole back button and recent apps throwing the Google arc is getting annoying_ plus my 4g indicator goes on and off White & blue color. I should have waited to see everyone's reactions first before updating. Is there a way to go back to original?

Sent From My Droid Maxx

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Could do a factory reset and then not accept the update.... But not sure if that's possible.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

danman7

May 26, 2010
Visit site
No, it won't. The only way I'm aware of that you could go back to the previous version would be with RSDLite, or possibly House of Moto.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you OP. This update sucks. My signal for WiFi and cellular is worse, Bluetooth very soft, number of unread emails in the email icon gone, battery worse, camera same, have the same issue with the back key where it brings up google, moving from app to screen is slower, etc. I Want to go back to original and I'm told the only way is to get a refurbished phone from Verizon. I paid full price for this brand new phone and don't want someone else's used phone.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Some installs have issues . try a factory reset as my phone is updated and I have none of those issues

Posted via Android Central App

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I havent done a factory reset since I'm afraid of losing all my stuff. Will that fix it? I'll do it if my phone will stop having this issues

Sent From My Droid Maxx

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Definitely do a factory reset before requesting a replacement. It may very well get the bugs out, and you'll know if it's working in less than an hour, vs the hassle of trying to get a replacement, which you'll still have to set up with all your info/settings.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to have to try this. The OTA update keeps bugging me to install it, and I don't want to until I figure out how to unroot.

freeze the OTA until you figure it out. updater 1.0 and motorolaOTA. then you wont get anymore reminders until you are ready.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't they recommend clearing system cache after updates?

Sent from Droid Maxx

That's definitely the first step in troubleshooting - it solves a lot of problems and doesn't erase any of your app or data.
1. Turn off your phone
2. Press volume down and power buttons together for about 5 sec
3. Release buttons
4. Use volume down to highlight "Recovery"
5. Press volume up to select recover
6. Phone will reboot into recovery
7. Use volume down to select "Clear cache partition"
8. Press power button to select
Phone will clear the cache and restart.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics