Verizon: 12.15.15.obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.US Released

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
12.15.15.obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.US - http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/pdf/system_update/droid-ultra-maxx.pdf

KEY DEVICE ENHANCEMENTS
  • Google Drive is now preloaded with 50G promotion
  • Wireless charging UI has been enhanced for better connectivity
  • 4G LTE performance has been improved to support faster connection
  • Motorola Assist has been improved for better stability
  • Google Voice now returns cards with audible feedback when location
  • setting is enabled
  • The latest version of NFL? Mobile has been added
  • Viewdini has been removed as a preloaded application
  • Device now charges when connected to Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation

CAMERA ENHANCEMENTS
  • Sky Detection has been improved to lighten dynamic scenes
  • High Dynamic Range (HDR) has been tuned to trigger more frequently
  • Viewfinder has been improved for more consistent exposure
  • Automatic White Balance (AWB) has been improved for overall
  • color enhancements

http://support.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/droid-ultra-maxx-instructions.pdf

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon: 12.15.10.obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.US Released

Downloaded earlier. Not noticing much difference but I always like updates. I'll check out the Qi Charging updates when I get home.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Also fixed Square Card Reader.

YAYTech is like a kid in a candy store with the Square Card Reader fix :) I'm happy for you, man :) Glad you were able to wait it out and now have the functioning device

Posted via Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

YAYTech is like a kid in a candy store with the Square Card Reader fix :) I'm happy for you, man :) Glad you were able to wait it out and now have the functioning device

Yup, it is now the perfect phone for me. :) I had 2 concerns when I bought it - wifi tether, and Square. Both have been fixed, and I'm a happy camper!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

The version number is actually 12.15.15.

There is another changelog at Motorola that lists a few more items:

• Expanded Compatibility: Now compatible with popular apps such as: Jawbone Up, SquareReader, and Mophie Wireless Charging accessory
  • New Touchless Control Tone: All new notification sound when using the Touchless Control “Call My DROID” voice command for easier locating
  • Motorola Skip: Compatible with Motorola SKIP accessory for easier security via NFC authentication (accessory available on Motorola.com)
  • Improved Voice Call Quality: Fixed an issue that could sometimes result in choppy audio being heard by the person you’re speaking with on your DROID
  • Enhanced Touchless Control: Increased accuracy and responsiveness when using Touchless Control, and added easier training of the “OK Google Now” trigger
  • Improved Moto Care: Additional ease of use to locate a lost phone with either a message prompt or a ringtone activated through the Moto Care portal to the lost device
  • Wireless Charging: New on-display guide marks for easier alignment with wireless charging accessory

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

As I said in another thread, I had to re-disable NFL Mobile. Found out (at least for me) I needed to re-uncheck the Alerts (extreme, severe, and amber) when I got surprised by an amber alert this afternoon.

Posted from my XT1080M

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Where do you find these Alerts?

In your apps is an "Emergency Alerts" icon (this may be for updated phones only - the VZW site says it is under "Messaging")

Anyway,
Emergency Alerts > 3 dot menu (upper right) > Settings. You can uncheck everything except "Presidential Alert"

DeadRinga

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

What mophie wireless charging accessory are they talking about? I'm looking on their site and see nothing.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

In your apps is an "Emergency Alerts" icon (this may be for updated phones only - the VZW site says it is under "Messaging")

Anyway,
Emergency Alerts > 3 dot menu (upper right) > Settings. You can uncheck everything except "Presidential Alert"

I always keep those active - might help you to avoid a disaster or help save a child. I think that's worth being bothered once in a while (the emergency alerts are really very rare)