Three Day Maxx

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I think I now have a three day battery! Yesterday, the drop was only 2% per hour all on. I was at home on wifi...but again, overnight in Airplane, only lost 4%. So that makes a 25% drop most days and a smidgen over a couple of nights. Looks like 3 days easy. Well done Moto/Google.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, we'll see how well it goes away from wifi and using it more...but my real point is that this update made a huge difference, esp. in Airplane mode. I could never figure out why it was giving up 1% per hour in Airplane. Doing what? So they fixed that...

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I get 2-3 days on a normal basis on a full chrage. I get 2 days if I am using it medium usage which is what I consider normal usage. I get 3 days of use if one of the days I am not using it as much as normal. I also turn it off when I go to bed and turn it back on when I wake up. Battery life has been awesome since day one!!!

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Maybe 4?? I'm at 66% tonight going to Airplane again, after two full days. Should be over 60 in the morning still...

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Well, now back to a two day! Right after that update, it would barely discharge in Airplane mode overnight (like 3%!) and only 2% per hour during 'up' time. Now, I'm back to losing 1% per hour in Airplane (what could it possibly be doing? It's not even in the room listening to me snore!) And over 2% during the day. I've added three apps: Hotels.com, Kayak, and Docs to Go. That's it. DTG only syncs when I plug into the pc...just seems odd is all.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, now back to a two day! Right after that update, it would barely discharge in Airplane mode overnight (like 3%!) and only 2% per hour during 'up' time. Now, I'm back to losing 1% per hour in Airplane (what could it possibly be doing? It's not even in the room listening to me snore!) And over 2% during the day. I've added three apps: Hotels.com, Kayak, and Docs to Go. That's it. DTG only syncs when I plug into the pc...just seems odd is all.

Even 1% per hour in airplane mode is a lot. I generally get less than that with wifi on and a bunch of things syncing ; usually around .5 per hour. I had my phone on airplane mode for over 12 hours without touching it yesterday because I left it in my hotel room, and my battery was still at 99% when I picked it up.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1385073444354.jpg
    1385073444354.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 110

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Even 1% per hour in airplane mode is a lot. I generally get less than that with wifi on and a bunch of things syncing ; usually around .5 per hour. I had my phone on airplane mode for over 12 hours without touching it yesterday because I left it in my hotel room, and my battery was still at 99% when I picked it up.

What have you done to minimize drain?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
What have you done to minimize drain?

Nothing to be honest. From the very beginning, the thing that seemed to separate this phone from other Android phones, is the lack of discharge while the phone is asleep.

Some days are inexplicably slightly worse than others, but in general I lose very little battery when my phone is idle.

I have disabled a lot of boatwate, which may have helped but it does not seem to have made any seriously drastic difference from what I can tell.

Last edited:

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The numbers you're talking about seem similar to my droid RAZR Maxx...

Unfortunately, for whatever reason my new Droid MAXX has not been able to match the idle drain.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If i didn't play candy crush and have terrible signal at work, I feel like I could almost get 3 days too.

Just be glad your phone lasts the time it does. My friends wife uses his S4 for Candy Crush and its dead before he wakes up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I rarely plug my phone in overnight. I just don't think it's a good idea. I top mine off to 95? every two or three days. Never let it get below 10%. Then every few weeks fully charge to 100. I get 6 hrs of screen on time with 4G only and 7 to 9 on wifi only. Rooted, greenified, but use Facebook notifications.

For a while I greenified fb and had everything push through Gmail. It was pointless with this big battery.

I think we all carry over battery compulsions from previous devices. Even owning a maxx hd for 6 months didn't cure them. Lol.

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk