pics look better on phone than on other devices

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I started another thread earlier claiming that my picture quality is not really any better after the update. That mostly has to do with the washed out look to the pics- they just plain look dull, with little color vibrance. I know that some phones OVER do the color vibrance, but my MAXX still washes out the colors.

What's weird is that the pics actually look GREAT on the phone - awesome color vibrance and reproduction. But as soon as I look at them on my computer either by transferring the files through the cable or by uploading them to google drive, they look drastically different/worse in terms of the color washout. I even noticed the same thing when looking at pics posted by others in this forum - they look great on the phone but when I look at the forum pages on my computer they look dull.

Does anybody else notice this? Seems strange to me. I mean the pics look VERY different on the phone screen compared to the computer screen. A simple vibrance boost in photoshop usually fixes the quality on the computer, which I'm OK with, but I was wondering if anybody else noticed this.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The colors are more saturated on the phone because of the display technology. They aren't the same as what you seen on your computer screens.
On top of that, your phone is a much smaller display, therefore it does not need to be blown up to fit the screen. Low megapixel counts make the pictures look less sharp in bigger displays

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol