Smart Actions / VIP Callers?

SBDCanuck

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello Droid users,

I recently upgraded (actually, my company upgraded me) from a Razr MAXX to a Droid MAXX. Admittedly I'm not a sophisticated user especially compared to some of you on this forum (wow), and just mainly use my phone for emails and calls. A quick question is that my old Razr MAXX had a Smart Action program which I can program a list of callers that will always ring, no matter what the sound setting is on and no matter what time of day. It's just useful for people like my in-laws (who are elderly and disabled) who may need to call at 3am, so to speak, but I still want to be able to silence my phone when I sleep.

I tried downloading smart actions on the Google play site, but can't seem to do so. Can anyone help?? Much appreciated.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, Smart Actions isn't on the phone, and to my knowledge isn't compatible or available. The new Assist app really doesn't do quite the same things, and what it does seems hit-and-miss, leaving quite a few people a bit disappointed.

There are a lot of other apps out there that do similar things, though. I am using an app called Llama. You set up profiles (example: silent) that have a set of settings that activate with it, and then you can set up times or situations where different profiles are activated. I double checked, and there is a "Noisy contacts" setting that lets you indicate contacts that are allowed to override the current ringer settings, and you set a different ringer setting for those contacts (such as letting the ringer ring at 5/7 volume when the ringer is off for all other calls).

SBDCanuck

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks YAY - I'll check out the Llama app. Does it come with ads or other bloatware-type issues that may be introduced into the phone?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks YAY - I'll check out the Llama app. Does it come with ads or other bloatware-type issues that may be introduced into the phone?

Actually Motorola assist (Assist in the app drawer) will accomplish your goal. This is the scaled down version of smart actions that you are used to.

Launch it, then press Sleeping. Check off the silence box, then press the arrow for options. There you can set for favorites to be able to ring through and for anybody that calls twice in 5 minutes. They are separate options, so you can pick one, both or neither.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of other apps out there that do similar things, though. I am using an app called Llama. You set up profiles (example: silent) that have a set of settings that activate with it, and then you can set up times or situations where different profiles are activated. I double checked, and there is a "Noisy contacts" setting that lets you indicate contacts that are allowed to override the current ringer settings, and you set a different ringer setting for those contacts (such as letting the ringer ring at 5/7 volume when the ringer is off for all other calls).

Actually Motorola assist (Assist in the app drawer) will accomplish your goal. This is the scaled down version of smart actions that you are used to.

Launch it, then press Sleeping. Check off the silence box, then press the arrow for options. There you can set for favorites to be able to ring through and for anybody that calls twice in 5 minutes. They are separate options, so you can pick one, both or neither.

I've used both, and I am back to using the Assist sleeping app. The problem with the Llama app is that you manually have to manage the list. With Assist, any contact that you have marked a favorite will ring the phone during sleep hours.

SBDCanuck

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks, this is probably as close as we can get!! I'd rather not have a time-limited sleep schedule (instead active all the time while I control the other tones via my sound profile)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908