I have noticed that since the update to 12.15.15, the three capacitive buttons on my MAXX don't always respond. Sometimes I have to press the home key quickly two or three times to get it to work. Also, they still remain lit while watching videos. I thought this was supposed to be fixed in the update. Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else.
    11-11-2013 11:43 AM
    Are you one of the few who kept root afterwards? Was it a true, clean update?

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.
    11-11-2013 11:46 AM
    I was rooted, but I unrooted before updating, and currently not rooted. It was a clean update, and I've had none of the other issues that rooted users were having.
    11-11-2013 11:55 AM
    I know that the buttons dim when you play video on the netflix app. I don't watch much video on my phone, but I've read and seen that the buttons stay lit on the YouTube app when playing video.

Fwiw, there was never a change log that mentioned anything about changing capacitive button behavior when playing video.
    11-11-2013 12:14 PM
    No root here and I can confirm, the "open apps" button is the only one I've noticed issues with ... I have to hit it twice usually to get it to register after the soak test update. I cleared the cache in recovery mode but still has issues. It seems to be when more than a few apps are backgrounded but that's anecdotal as I've not really done too Mich digging.

I did try swiping up to get Google launch then using buttons works on first tap. Its almost like the first tap registers a Google launch but without swiping up you don't see anything ... Sounds weird I know but something got whacked when they did the Google swipe it seems.

Posted via Android Central App
    RivertonPaul likes this.
    11-11-2013 07:36 PM
    I have a clean update. Have noticed the same issues. The Google now arch pops up a lot too.
    11-11-2013 10:24 PM
    I know that the buttons dim when you play video on the netflix app. I don't watch much video on my phone, but I've read and seen that the buttons stay lit on the YouTube app when playing video.

Fwiw, there was never a change log that mentioned anything about changing capacitive button behavior when playing video.
    They do dim in Netflix but stay lit on Hulu.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk
    11-11-2013 11:09 PM
    Yup same here. It does seem the buttons are not as bright, but that's prolly my old eyes playing tricks
    11-12-2013 09:11 AM
    Yup same here. It does seem the buttons are not as bright, but that's prolly my old eyes playing tricks
    No, I feel like the lights are dimmer at all times which should help with battery life.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk
    11-12-2013 09:39 AM