psychoD33x

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to hook the Maxx up to a TV by HDMI? My bionic had the dedicated port and I haven't seen anything saying that you can with the Maxx. I tried the miracast with a netgear receiver. The results weren't that great. Just looking for some options. I'm a big fan of hardlining things

Posted via Android Central App

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Keep trying other singles. It's the only way. I miss the port, to, but it is one less thing to break.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I was hoping the maxx had an HDMI port...but it didn't. (Obviously) I went to best buy and bought a rocketfish MHL adapter when I had my Note 2. Hoping that would work. I was trying to use it to watch TV using the xfinity app. Which it didn't. The app itself blocks the use because it senses the adapter.

What I do now is use wireless tether...hook my laptop up to my TV using HDMI. Then watch TV via the Comcast website.

53N7 FR0M M4 DMAXX V1A 7A9A7A7K

psychoD33x

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping to avoid anything like that. Mainly want it for when I'm working odd hours since I keep a small TV in my locker. Will any other apps work using the plug? Netflix or the premium movie channel apps?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping to avoid anything like that. Mainly want it for when I'm working odd hours since I keep a small TV in my locker. Will any other apps work using the plug? Netflix or the premium movie channel apps?

For netflix, YouTube, HBO Go, you can get a Chromecast for $35.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

I wish I had a good answer for you. I don't have Netflix or any other app to watch TV on. Just be aware of what happened to me. Try and buy local so it's easier to return if needed

psychoD33x

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
To my understanding you need a WiFi connection to use chromecast. That unfortunately isn't an option for me with this setup

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
To my understanding you need a WiFi connection to use chromecast. That unfortunately isn't an option for me with this setup

That's my problem too. I can't afford internet at home. Tethering is my only option

Last edited:

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm the maxx supports slimport? I tried a mhl adapter and it didn't work but wasn't sure if slimport did.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone confirm the maxx supports slimport? I tried a mhl adapter and it didn't work but wasn't sure if slimport did.

Slimport doesn't look any different than an MHL adapter. Other than the fact that the MHL adapter that I had needed a power source. It would charge as you used it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1