new priced maxx

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I know they reduced it awhile ago and according to this thread, it looks like they reduced all of the Droid lineup prices back on 10/17/13.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-maxx/324596-droid-maxx-price-vz-website-499-wtf.html

Very tempting. Cyber Monday pricing on MotoMaker for the Moto X off-contract is supposed to be discounted by $150. Supposedly VZW is going to have some Cyber Monday deals as well but haven't divulged any information yet. If by chance they were to reduce the off-contract Maxx by $150...I'm all over it. I'm not saying they are, just hoping maybe they will.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Very tempting. Cyber Monday pricing on MotoMaker for the Moto X off-contract is supposed to be discounted by $150. Supposedly VZW is going to have some Cyber Monday deals as well but haven't divulged any information yet. If by chance they were to reduce the off-contract Maxx by $150...I'm all over it. I'm not saying they are, just hoping maybe they will.

I'm almost sure I'm going to buy a Moto X on Monday but I'd really rather have a Droid Maxx. I know the Moto X gets great reviews but I like the idea that the Maxx has a bigger screen, bigger battery and wireless charging. I also have a slight preference for capacitive keys as opposed to on-screen keys.

Concerning Verizon stepping up for Cyber-Monday - I'd be surprised. They've had a lot of commercials and e-mails touting their Black Friday Sales and I can't imagine they'd do something special for Cyber-Monday. That said, I hope I'm wrong and you're right. :)

Concerning Verizon's Black Friday deals, they sure seemed weak to me.

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
This may seem like a stupid question, but why would you be willing to pay an extra $300 just to avoid a contract?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
To avoid losing unlimited data

53N7 FR0M M4 DMAXX V1A 7A9A7A7K

There's a workaround or two out there you may want to look into. I picked up my MAXX for contract price & retained unlimited data. There's a method that uses a 2nd line on the account that they used (not a corporate store). My wife has a standard flip phone on the same account as mine that they used.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm almost sure I'm going to buy a Moto X on Monday but I'd really rather have a Droid Maxx. I know the Moto X gets great reviews but I like the idea that the Maxx has a bigger screen, bigger battery and wireless charging. I also have a slight preference for capacitive keys as opposed to on-screen keys.

Concerning Verizon stepping up for Cyber-Monday - I'd be surprised. They've had a lot of commercials and e-mails touting their Black Friday Sales and I can't imagine they'd do something special for Cyber-Monday. That said, I hope I'm wrong and you're right. :)

Concerning Verizon's Black Friday deals, they sure seemed weak to me.

Just checked the VZW Cyber Monday deals and no deals for the Droid Maxx, still $499 off-contract. Their deals are mainly free phones (Droid Razr HD and others) with new 2-year agreement. Pass. 8:00 now...Moto site doesn't seem to be working. I think I've decided to pass on the Moto X though. I'd rather pay $100 more for the Droid Maxx for the added battery capacity, bigger screen and kevlar case. If you use the Motorola financing option, the $100 difference is only $8 per month on a 12-month 0% financing promotion.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Just checked the VZW Cyber Monday deals and no deals for the Droid Maxx, still $499 off-contract. Their deals are mainly free phones (Droid Razr HD and others) with new 2-year agreement. Pass. 8:00 now...Moto site doesn't seem to be working. I think I've decided to pass on the Moto X though. I'd rather pay $100 more for the Droid Maxx for the added battery capacity, bigger screen and kevlar case. If you use the Motorola financing option, the $100 difference is only $8 per month on a 12-month 0% financing promotion.

Thanks for the update.

I doubt we'll see Verizon drop the off-contract price of the Maxx any further than they already have ($499) - it seems their #1 goal is to lock people into contracts so I don't think selling off-contract phones is a priority for them. As an Unlimited Data customer it would be nice if Verizon had another "glitch" in their system so I could buy a subsidized phone but I'm not counting on it.

Concerning the Moto X sale - what a cluster. The sale is supposed to be an hour old and I don't think Motorola has processed a single order. :-\

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the update.

I doubt we'll see Verizon drop the off-contract price of the Maxx any further than they already have ($499) - it seems their #1 goal is to lock people into contracts so I don't think selling off-contract phones is a priority for them. As an Unlimited Data customer it would be nice if Verizon had another "glitch" in their system so I could buy a subsidized phone but I'm not counting on it.

Concerning the Moto X sale - what a cluster. The sale is supposed to be an hour old and I don't think Motorola has processed a single order. :-\

Yeah, you're probably right. Pretty well-known fact that they want to get as many people as possible off of unliminted data plans. Plus, at the $499 off-contract price, they're actually very competitive with other phones in its class. We can always hope for another "glitch".

Hopefully, they get the website problems ironed out quickly. The Moto X is a great phone (I did buy one already for my wife, while I'm still on the Droid Razr Maxx) that is still being held back by the spec sheet arguments. But most people that have actually lived with the phone have been very pleased with it. I'm taking the website issues as a potential positive for Moto if they can get things ironed out. Seems to be pretty good demand for it. And if they ever get the wood backs on the market and start selling globally...maybe Moto can become a major player once again.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
And more storage, and wireless charging. ;)

Actually, the $100 difference accounts for applles to apples 32 gb models of each phone. +1 on the wireless charging though and also, doesn't the Maxx have the control center rings widget? Maxx also has Droid Zap but I'm not sure how useful that feature is.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the $100 difference accounts for applles to apples 32 gb models of each phone. +1 on the wireless charging though and also, doesn't the Maxx have the control center rings widget? Maxx also has Droid Zap but I'm not sure how useful that feature is.

Ah. Yeah, I couldn't care less about the widget or Zap.

no1slacker

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I gave up unlimited data. VZW corporate store made it hard to say no. I ordered the Maxx for in store pickup, rep asked why buy off contract. Told him a new contract would be 25 bucks more a month. He gave me a loyalty contact @ 60$ with 2 gig and 199$ for the phone. I don't go over that with Wi-Fi everywhere I go. Hopefully I don't regret it.

Posted via Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, looks like I caved in and am getting a new Moto X. Just for the heck of it, I tried to get one of the $150 discount codes yesterday and lo and behold I got one so I felt compelled to buy one and placed an order last night for a 32gb black woven back, black front and black metallic trim (stealth phone!). Couldn't pass up the $399 off-contract price to keep unlimited. Also, had applied for the new Moto 0% financing program so with tax, it should only run me around $36 per month. Figure I'll give it a whirl for 14 days and if I'm not satisfied with it, I'll return it for a Droid Maxx and that will only add about $9 per month to my payments. Main concern is battery capacity as I'm coming from a Droid Razr Maxx.